Improving the Overall Guild System

• This thread brings together the guild suggestions made already (listed below), but I'd like to suggest additional suggestions on the overall guild system based on the past few months being the guild master of Chill n Chat.

Threads that'll be referenced:

For guild masters, guild engagement is important for us especially for longevity. Here are some suggestions on features to boost up guild engagement:

--- Guild Rank System ---

This suggestion references the posts made in Implement Guild benefits system. Very unsure how it was utilized back in OG (if it ever was implemented), but here are some ways in which the guild rank can be leveled up:

• Via completion of certain tasks to achieve next level (e.g. reach 10 members, reach 10 million kron in guild bank)
    • Via gaining guild experience through various methods (see Guild Dungeons and Guild Mission Board suggestions below as opportunities to boost guild experience)

Increasing the guild's rank can open benefits for the guild (e.g. see suggestions made later in this post).

--- Guild Member Rank System ---

This is to reward guildmates who are active in the guild and are actively supporting the guild. Gaining experience to increase your rank can be through donating kron to the bank, participating in the guild dungeons (see below), or completing guild quests (also see later below).

That also opens the opportunity to create guild rank titles (could be separate from the current guild title system) based on their contribution/experience to the guild.

--- Guild Dungeons ---

Similar to the currently implemented party dungeon, but I would love to play around the idea of not limiting the dungeon to a 8-person party if possible (instead, whoever in x guild is present in the designated dungeon area, they all get warped together into the guild dungeon). It'd simply be fun to coordinate the guild to participate and unites guildmates to come together and play together (while getting some sort of reward through completion of the dungeon). Rewards should differ from the current party dungeons' rewards to diversify people's options on what to participate.

--- Guild Buffs ---

One form of guild buff could be partying with your guildmates (e.g. 4 guildmates = 5% party exp boost; 8 guildmates = 10% party exp boost). This would offer some encouragement for guildmates to party with each other. Another suggestion is a NPC that offers a mini buff based on the guild's rank, thus incentivizing guilds to rank up their guild to gain benefits.

--- Guild Houses ---

See Guild Houses thread. Overall, would be a great hang-out place for guildmates to chill and hang around.

--- Guild Mission Boards ---

A mission board can be located in, for example, City Hall in Mall Street where guildmates can take up daily/weekly quests. Quests could provide items for guildmates who completed or at least increase guild experience to help rank it up. These daily/weekly quests should ideally be random (or rotated around) to make things engaging, rather than doing a set of quests over and over and over. Quick example quests (that, of course, could be better described):

• Alchemist is trying to develop a new potion, but he's missing one critical ingredient; help him find a Blue Demon Blood!
    • Oh no! The Veggie Girl has heard word from her farmers about a herd of poyos destroying much of the potato crop. The Potato Festival is coming up this weekend and she needs a lot of them. Help! Collect 100 potatos for her.
    • The Hotel Manager in Vader Hotel is looking to repaint the interior. Help collect 20 Red Paint and 20 White Paint!

--- Server-Wide Guild Competitions ---

Rewards could be guild experience for the guild or actual item rewards for each member of the guild (or guild members who participate). Example of such competitions would include:

• "Guild Wars" - PvP event where last guild standing wins
    • Guild Dungeons - which guild can obtain the most "S" rank scores (or accumulation highest number of scores)

I'm sure there are better server-wide guild competition ideas beyond the two I listed above.

Other Features to Improve:

--- Increase Guild Size Limit ---

At least for CnC, 25 is just not enough for the guild, and we're in this constant state of having to deny people we're interested in adding since we're such a full active guild. I believe other games have guild sizes way beyond 25. Either expand the guild size beyond 25 (e.g. 50) or allow guilds to expand size via guild rank or utilizing guild bank.

--- Increase Guild Storage ---

For some of us in general, 100 in our personal hotel storage has been not enough, thus people have been resorting to creating mules to hoard skill books, gears, etc. That said, clearly guild storage is not enough for 25 members to store skill books, gears, etc. for fellow guildmates; in fact, we're even using our alt guild (#jailbait) as additional guild storage because there's not enough room in CnC's guild storage. Also referencing Guild library for additional suggestions.

Ways to increase guild storage can be done via:

• Similar to my suggestion on increasing guild size, allow us to expand guild storage via guild rank or utilizing guild bank to purchase extra storage space
    • Divide the storage into various tabs e.g. Skill Books, Gears, Spend Items, Other

Minor Additional Suggestions:

• Expanding the character limit of Guild Announcements - the current limit extends to half of that box; would be convenient to not be restricted by the current character count limit
    • Listing multiple Guild Announcements - would be nice to be able to flip through a few separate announcements
    • Be able to change guild name - in the event a guild wants to change its name, it'd be nice to have that open option of renaming it rather than disbanding it and creating a whole new separate guild (for a price tag, of course)

Overall, please feel free to comment/echo these suggestions, add suggestions, and reference what guild systems are like in other MMOs (as I have very limited experience in that area).

Closed Beta

Celten - Paladin 13X (GM of Chill-n-Chat) l Matcha - ArchMage13X l Salten - Disciple 6X
    ---
    Open Beta
    Matcha - Archmeme 14X (Main) l Celten- Priest 11X (Side Healer) l
    Sriracha - Apprentice 5X (Tanking Farmer) l Ube - Templar 11
    X (Side Tank)

• --- Increase Guild Storage ---

For some of us in general, 100 in our personal hotel storage has been not enough, thus people have been resorting to creating mules to hoard skill books, gears, etc. That said, clearly guild storage is not enough for 25 members to store skill books, gears, etc. for fellow guildmates; in fact, we're even using our alt guild (#jailbait) as additional guild storage because there's not enough room in CnC's guild storage. Also referencing Guild library for additional suggestions.

Ways to increase guild storage can be done via:

• Similar to my suggestion on increasing guild size, allow us to expand guild storage via guild rank or utilizing guild bank to purchase extra storage space
    • Divide the storage into various tabs e.g. Skill Books, Gears, Spend Items, Other

In addition to this I also think it is a good idea to have a logging system for guild masters plus certain members within the guild can monitor who takes out what which can help identify players in the guilds who just take and dont put anything in. Obviously with new players you'll want to help them with skills and probably gears but eventually you'll expect them to put stuff in too. plus it would also be a valid source of proof to identify guild thieves who join with the sole purpose of looting the guild storage.

• In the Discord discussion channel I mentioned quite a while a go that a lot of the upgrades should or could be unlocked features. These can be unlocked through guild questing which gives your Guild experience points to unlock the upgrades and features.

The guild exp can be obtained from the following examples that I seen and many others seen in other MMOrpg's

- Mob Kill quests
    Just like how you should kill 30 pigs for the pet quest you get a counter of 300/500/700/1000 mobs from a region like Eir or Jot or Temp+ or Skymaps etc. Make them level capped if you want to so these quests have purpose based on the level of the player.

- Boss Kill quests

Hunting Bosses as a kill count

- Turn in quests

Items like herbs or lemons or items that we do get but have no purpose, used for a to turn in quest. Perhaps rather then a specific item, a general herb count of say 50/75/100 of any kind to turn in to finish the quest

- Finishing a Dungeon

Pretty much self explanatory

Once the type of Quest is finished! the member or a Guild leader or Officer can finish the quest for guild exp. The higher your exp the more you unlock the higher your guild level becomes. Thus teamwork makes the dream work because doing all of it alone is possible but definitely way easier when a guild works together like a well oiled machine.

pasted-from-clipboard.png
    And you will then see which guild member was able to contribute.

These are just simple examples there are other types of quests you can do like point A to point B traveling quest delivering a item or letter without the option to warp as a quest which gives something for players who aren't geared to contribute and etc.

• I would also like to add one of my biggest wishes for the guild system: Being able to add your alts to the guild without increasing the guild members number. I think it just sucks being isolated from your guild while you farm or do other activities that related to your alts, and it's not like you can play more than one character at the same time.

I am thinking about a system similar to the one used in Tree of Savior, however, the downside there is that you have no other option but having all your alts in the same guild.

First wave Closed Beta tester • Co-Guild Master of 🍌Defiance ◃

CBT twix/level 113 Rangertwix2/level 132 Saint Guardian

OBT twix/level 13X Warlord ⬖ twix2/level 6X Acolyte

• I would also like to add one of my biggest wishes for the guild system: Being able to add your alts to the guild without increasing the guild members number. I think it just sucks being isolated from your guild while you farm or do other activities that related to your alts, and it's not like you can play more than one character at the same time.

I am thinking about a system similar to the one used in Tree of Savior, however, the downside there is that you have no other option but having all your alts in the same guild.

Or atleast like an option at the Guild Manager like the one you have at the Solstice Trainer:
    - Join the guild of Character "XXX"

or

- Make your own Guild

or

- Wait for an invite from another Guild

tim - ARCHER LORD - Level 13x - Odyssey

timolor - WARRIOR - Level 10x - Iliad

Devil - ROGUE - Level 6x - Iliad

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

• I think these are some interesting suggestions, but I think I would be against the suggestion of making the guild member limit 50 people. There are only about 400 active players on the server. Having the member limit increased to 50 could lead to an oligopoly of guilds, forcing people to either join one of the 6 "main" guilds, or suffer by not being able to find a party, not having access to used gear, not being able to sell their own gear, and lots of other favoritisms. The current 25 member limit seems to disperse out enough guilds to largely prevent this, as it hasn't really been an issue. Props to you for having a full guild of active members you don't want to let go to make room for others, but I'm against the idea of expanding it to 50.

Another idea that could fix the issue that has kind of been mentioned would be to find a way to allow members alts into the guild. I'm not sure how the logistics would work (so throw out some ideas), but it could be something like 25 members in the main guild member list, with 25 additional secondary spaces only available to account-bound alts to join in, but would not FORCE all alts to be in the same guild as the main. This would make it so that technically only 25 accounts max would be able to join a single guild, but would solve the problem of not being able to talk to the guild when you're on your farmer or your second char. If you remove your main member character from the guild, your account-bound alt in the secondary space would also automatically be removed. Throw some other ideas out there if you have any to address this!