This thread brings together the guild suggestions made already (listed below), but I'd like to suggest additional suggestions on the overall guild system based on the past few months being the guild master of Chill n Chat.
Threads that'll be referenced:
For guild masters, guild engagement is important for us especially for longevity. Here are some suggestions on features to boost up guild engagement:
--- Guild Rank System ---
This suggestion references the posts made in Implement Guild benefits system. Very unsure how it was utilized back in OG (if it ever was implemented), but here are some ways in which the guild rank can be leveled up:
- Via completion of certain tasks to achieve next level (e.g. reach 10 members, reach 10 million kron in guild bank)
- Via gaining guild experience through various methods (see Guild Dungeons and Guild Mission Board suggestions below as opportunities to boost guild experience)
Increasing the guild's rank can open benefits for the guild (e.g. see suggestions made later in this post).
--- Guild Member Rank System ---
This is to reward guildmates who are active in the guild and are actively supporting the guild. Gaining experience to increase your rank can be through donating kron to the bank, participating in the guild dungeons (see below), or completing guild quests (also see later below).
That also opens the opportunity to create guild rank titles (could be separate from the current guild title system) based on their contribution/experience to the guild.
--- Guild Dungeons ---
Similar to the currently implemented party dungeon, but I would love to play around the idea of not limiting the dungeon to a 8-person party if possible (instead, whoever in x guild is present in the designated dungeon area, they all get warped together into the guild dungeon). It'd simply be fun to coordinate the guild to participate and unites guildmates to come together and play together (while getting some sort of reward through completion of the dungeon). Rewards should differ from the current party dungeons' rewards to diversify people's options on what to participate.
--- Guild Buffs ---
One form of guild buff could be partying with your guildmates (e.g. 4 guildmates = 5% party exp boost; 8 guildmates = 10% party exp boost). This would offer some encouragement for guildmates to party with each other. Another suggestion is a NPC that offers a mini buff based on the guild's rank, thus incentivizing guilds to rank up their guild to gain benefits.
--- Guild Houses ---
See Guild Houses thread. Overall, would be a great hang-out place for guildmates to chill and hang around.
--- Guild Mission Boards ---
A mission board can be located in, for example, City Hall in Mall Street where guildmates can take up daily/weekly quests. Quests could provide items for guildmates who completed or at least increase guild experience to help rank it up. These daily/weekly quests should ideally be random (or rotated around) to make things engaging, rather than doing a set of quests over and over and over. Quick example quests (that, of course, could be better described):
- Alchemist is trying to develop a new potion, but he's missing one critical ingredient; help him find a Blue Demon Blood!
- Oh no! The Veggie Girl has heard word from her farmers about a herd of poyos destroying much of the potato crop. The Potato Festival is coming up this weekend and she needs a lot of them. Help! Collect 100 potatos for her.
- The Hotel Manager in Vader Hotel is looking to repaint the interior. Help collect 20 Red Paint and 20 White Paint!
--- Server-Wide Guild Competitions ---
Rewards could be guild experience for the guild or actual item rewards for each member of the guild (or guild members who participate). Example of such competitions would include:
- "Guild Wars" - PvP event where last guild standing wins
- Guild Dungeons - which guild can obtain the most "S" rank scores (or accumulation highest number of scores)
I'm sure there are better server-wide guild competition ideas beyond the two I listed above.
Other Features to Improve:
--- Increase Guild Size Limit ---
At least for CnC, 25 is just not enough for the guild, and we're in this constant state of having to deny people we're interested in adding since we're such a full active guild. I believe other games have guild sizes way beyond 25. Either expand the guild size beyond 25 (e.g. 50) or allow guilds to expand size via guild rank or utilizing guild bank.
--- Increase Guild Storage ---
For some of us in general, 100 in our personal hotel storage has been not enough, thus people have been resorting to creating mules to hoard skill books, gears, etc. That said, clearly guild storage is not enough for 25 members to store skill books, gears, etc. for fellow guildmates; in fact, we're even using our alt guild (#jailbait) as additional guild storage because there's not enough room in CnC's guild storage. Also referencing Guild library for additional suggestions.
Ways to increase guild storage can be done via:
- Similar to my suggestion on increasing guild size, allow us to expand guild storage via guild rank or utilizing guild bank to purchase extra storage space
- Divide the storage into various tabs e.g. Skill Books, Gears, Spend Items, Other
Minor Additional Suggestions:
- Expanding the character limit of Guild Announcements - the current limit extends to half of that box; would be convenient to not be restricted by the current character count limit
- Listing multiple Guild Announcements - would be nice to be able to flip through a few separate announcements
- Be able to change guild name - in the event a guild wants to change its name, it'd be nice to have that open option of renaming it rather than disbanding it and creating a whole new separate guild (for a price tag, of course)
Overall, please feel free to comment/echo these suggestions, add suggestions, and reference what guild systems are like in other MMOs (as I have very limited experience in that area).