Beginners' Guide: Recommended Quests to Consider/Complete

• RECOMMENDED QUESTS TO CONSIDER/COMPLETE

Bluntly speaking, questing is not a core component of this game. It's common to hear from new players, "which quests are worth completing?" To which I respond, "no, but I guess there are a handful worth checking out." This beginner guide will list out some of my personal recommendations on which quests to at least consider and complete.*

* HIGHLY recommended (Author's Pick) quests will be highlighted in red

Tutorial Quests (Lvl 1 - 9)

NPC:Solstice Trainer (Brynhilld - Arcarinas Square)
    Reward:Experience, Beginners' Stuff
    See Lexicon:N/A
    Why? (Author's Note):If you're new to the game, it's worth completing as it provides a basic tutorial to the game and introduces you to some key NPCs. Each completion of the quest levels you up, so it's a fairly quick way to get to level 10.

The Maze Master (Lvl 11+, tiered)

NPC:Labyrinth Guide (Brynhilld - Arcarinas Square, Essene)
    Reward:Labyrinth Weapon (based on class and tier, see Lexicon Article below)
    See Lexicon:Labyrinth Challenge
    Why? (Author's Note):Frankly, the Novice and Advanced tiers are worth considering and completing for most classes for the weapon (I'd recommend comparing your current weapon to the Labyrinth weapon and see which one gives more attack). Otherwise, I personally collect the weapons for aethestics (e.g. a Samarai Sword on a Wizard), and I'd recommend going in the Labyrinth with a party / seasoned player to help guide you. If you can't find a party and find it hard to complete, don't worry--it's not a game-changing quest worth pulling teeth over.

Class Change Quest (Lvl 16)

NPC:Reinmoth (Brynhilld - Arcarinas Square), Reliath (Essene)
    Reward:1st Class Change
    See Lexicon:Class Change Guide
    Why? (Author's Note):This is where you choose your class line (Squire, Neophyte, Scout, Disciple, Acolyte, Apprentice). See the Skill Merchant for a sense of what skills you'd be learning for each class, if you're stuck on choosing which one you want to be. Keep note that this decision is permanent for your character and cannot be changed down the line.

Skill Master's Request (Lvl 16)

NPC:Skill Master (Brynhilld - Arcarinas Square, Essene)
    Reward:Amplification Skill
    Why? (Author's Note):Amplification is a useful skill to just have around (it charges for a few seconds to power up your next attack) but it's not necessary for grinding progression. This quest involves running through the Brynhilld Sewers (Mall Street) and killing monsters, so unless you have someone who can help guide you / kill the monsters, I recommend delaying this quest until MUCH later on.

Frankly, I've only used Amplification for dungeon starts, PvP, and skill testing at the test Poyo Poyo (mainly using this skill lvl 100+), so again, it's a quest that you can return back to complete much later in your game progress.

The Skill Book Merchant's Request (Lvl 17 - 35, repeatable)

NPC:Skill Book Merchant (Brynhilld - Arcarinas Square and Essene)
    Reward:Experience (Small)
    See Lexicon:Repeatable Experience Quests
    Why? (Author's Note):Same with "Find the Fairy Spheres" quest. That said, don't go out of your way to find Cherries (there's no specific monster that drops them). Just naturally collect them from grinding and complete the quest as you obtain them from drops.

The Lost Report (Lvl 18, repeatable)

NPC:Guard - North Gate (Brynhilld - Arcarinas Square)
    Reward:Experience (Very Small)
    Why? (Author's Note):As with the other low level repeatable quests, don't go out of your way to find the Guard Report drop and just submit it as you grind and find them.

The Whereabouts of Mana (Lvl 22, repeatable)

NPC:Guard (Guild Plaza)
    Reward:Experience (Very Small)
    Why? (Author's Note):As with the other low level repeatable quests, don't go out of your way to find the Book of Mana drop and just submit it as you grind and find them.

Tame a Monster (Lvl 25, repeatable)

NPC:Pet Merchant (Brynhilld - Arcarinas Square and Essene)
    Reward:Poyo, Poko, or Poku (Random)
    See Lexicon:Poku, Poko, Poyo Pet & Mount Quest
    Why? (Author's Note):Poyo, Poko, and Poku are the most basic pets you can obtain, and you can turn them into a simple mount later at lvl 66 (and don't bother with the lvl 60 "Let's put a Hat on the Pet" quest--the pointy hat doesn't offer any added stats at all). This quest requires 5 Yellow Watermelon, BUT I highly recommend saving 5 Yellow Watermelon for your 3rd Class Change quest first before considering this quest.

I only recommend pursuing this quest much later down the line if you happen to have an influx of Yellow Watermelons (via grinding and dungeon rewards) to convert into a mount that can use, especially if haven't enhanced a mount via the Jarika Pet Quest.

Join the Mine Expedition Force (Quest Series, Lvl 30)

NPC:Guild Office Guide (Guild Center at Brynhilld - Mall Street or Essene), then Guild Office Director (Second Mine Expedition, then Reason for the Increase in Monsters)
    Reward:Experience (Medium?), Walkers' Cloak (perm)
    See Lexicon:Gear Quests
    Why? (Author's Note):A series of 3 quests that involves farming items in the Mythril Mines (thankfully these items autodrop upon killing the appropiate monsters). The reward is a perm Walkers' Cloak, which offers +2 movement speed. I don't recommend completing this quest right away (probably at lvl 66+ when you AoE and have the defense for the mines). Honestly, by the time you are high leveled enough to farm the quest items, you probably came across a better backpack that offers better movement speed, so you could ignore the quest altogether then.

I consider this quest something for you to consider, especially since you gain a perm movement speed gear that can be nice to have (or pass over to an alt character).

Weekly Report on Candyvault (Lvl 33)

NPC:Guild Office Guide (Guild Center at Brynhilld - Mall Street or Essene)
    Why? (Author's Note):I included this quest in the list because it's a quick run around and talk to NPCs for some small experience. No items are required to complete it.

Let's Learn the Refinery (Lvl 34)

NPC:Alchemist (Brynhilld - Summerhill Street)
    Why? (Author's Note):I included this quest in the list because it's a quick run around and talk to NPCs for some small experience. The Alchemist will give you the items to complete the quest at the Blacksmith. NOTE: Sadly, you don't receive a Xen reward from it.

Jarika's Pet Quest (Lvl 35, repeatable)

NPC:Jarika (Brynhilld Trisects)
    Reward:Pet (Random)
    See Lexicon:Jarika Pet Quest and Pets & Mounts
    Why? (Author's Note):Pretty much the number #1 quest that EVERYONE does (aside from class change, of course). It's a long series of quests (approx. 7 straight days of cooldowns) that results in a random pet.

The main uses of the pet are: currency (along with Xens, pets offer leverage in trades) and enhancement (see Lexicon articles for the various ways you can enhance them). In general, there's a bunch of related Lexicon articles, so be sure to check them out (e.g. drop guide, drop checklist, condensed and detailed step guide). Pets, in general, have been key in progressing well into the game, so I'd HIGHLY recommend keeping note of the items you need for the quest and farming them when you can.

Milk Delivery to Brynhilld (Lvl 38)

NPC:Mixmon (Candyvault)
    Reward:Experience (Small), 30 Milk (100 HP)
    Why? (Author's Note):I included this quest in the list because it's a quick run around and talk to NPCs for some small experience. No items are required to complete it.

Matcha - ArchMage 19X ∞∞∞ Celten - Paladin 17X ∞∞∞ Ube - Saint Guardian 16X

BubbleTea - Archer Lord 17X ∞∞∞ Umbreon - Shadow Master 15X

Main Guild(s): Chaos n Carnage (GM), Itadakimasu!, Kuki Kumas

9021-junepotm2021-png

Credits to Setsuna for the Siggy and kaicean (Skittles) for Avatar <3

OG: Celten (Adeline) - Warrior 10X l Galatic (Marian) - Shadow Master 13X

CB: Celten - Paladin 13X l Matcha - ArchMage 13X

New to the game? Check out Vivi's Guide Index

4982-button-png

Edited 4 times, last by Celten ().

• Reifield's Request (Lvl 50, repeatable)

NPC:Reifield (Lost Brynhilld Square)
    See Lexicon:Repeatable Experience Quests and Bones Quest (Riefield's Request)
    Why? (Author's Note):At some point in your grinding, you might be in Lost Brynhilld, where you'll find various bones. If you happen to complete a full set (+ include the Skull Ring and Heart that can be found in Lost Brynhilld North), then it's worth submitting the bones to Reifield for some small experience.

The World of Hot Springs! (Lvl 55)

NPC:Yukawa (Midori Spa)
    Reward:Spa Bucket
    See Lexicon:Midori Spa - Quest Guide, Midori Spa Buffs, and Gear Quests
    Why? (Author's Note):Personally, the 3 Midori Spa gear quests are the top of my list for what you MUST complete. This one, thankfully, is just a talk-and-run NPC quest, so no items required. The Spa Bucket grants +10 defense for 30 minutes from the Vitality Bath, so this gear item is ESSENTIAL, especially for AoEing classes. Again, MUST COMPLETE.

Hot Spring Counter's Difficulty (Lvl 65)

NPC:Counter (Midori Spa - Indoor)
    Reward:Bath Towel (Your Gender)
    Why? (Author's Note):Personally, the 3 Midori Spa gear quests are the top of my list for what you MUST complete. This quest requires Silk and Hanbara Strings (the Elastic Fabric is an auto-drop item); see Lexicon articles for guidance on how to complete this quest.

The Bath Towel grants +30 Physical Attack and +20 Magic Attack for 30 minutes from the Energy Bath, so this gear item is ESSENTIAL for all classes in my opinion. Again, MUST COMPLETE.

Class Change Quest (Lvl 66)

Reward:2nd Class Change
    Why? (Author's Note):Straightfoward, this progresses you into the second class of your class line. See Lexicon Guide for requirements.

Train your pet to be a mount (Lvl 66)

NPC:Pet Merchant (Brynhilld - Arcarinas Square and Essene)
    Reward:Poyo, Poko, or Poku Mount (based on what you have)
    See Lexicon:Poku, Poko, Poyo Pet & Mount Quest
    Why? (Author's Note):As mentioned earlier I recommend pursuing this quest much later down the line if you happen to have an influx of Yellow Watermelons (via grinding and dungeon rewards) to convert into a mount that can use, especially if haven't enhanced a mount via the Jarika Pet Quest.

The quest requires 40 Yellow Watermelon, which is A LOT (but you eventually accumulate them from grinding and dungeon chest rewards), so just focus on saving the Yellow Watermelon for the 3rd Class Change first.

Hot Spring Specialty (Lvl 70)

NPC:Ika Lake (Midori Spa - Indoor)
    Reward:Head Towel (Your Gender)
    Why? (Author's Note):Personally, the 3 Midori Spa gear quests are the top of my list for what you MUST complete. This quest requires Volt Bars, Eletrunes, and Coarse Salts to craft the items requested; see Lexicon articles for guidance on how to complete this quest.

The Head Towel grants +100 HP for 30 minutes from the Strength Bath, so this gear item is ESSENTIAL for all classes for extra survivability in my opinion. Again, MUST COMPLETE.

Expedition of the Cave of Cobalts (Lvl 70)

NPC:Guild Office Director (Guild Center 2nd Floor at Brynhilld - Mall Street or Essene)
    Reward:Experience (Medium), Rabbit Ears of Speed (perm)
    See Lexicon:Gear Quests
    Why? (Author's Note):Like the Mithril Mines quest series, the Cobalt Caves has a 3-part quest series. The items auto-drop, so it's worth doing especially if you're able to AoE the caves.

I considered this as one of the top quests to complete because of the experience gained at that level, and most importantly, the perm Rabbit Ears of Speed, which arguably is one of the top Quality of Life gears to have because of the +3 movement speed. I personally try to complete this quest on all of my characters just for the Rabbit Ears (there's really no other helmet that offers better movement speed than it).

The People of the Sea (Lvl 73, repeatable daily)

NPC:Mersi (Brynhilld - Mall Street)
    Reward:Experience (Medium)
    See Lexicon:Repeatable Experience Quests and Pirate Ship Quest (lvl 73+)
    Why? (Author's Note):Like with Reifield's Bones Quest, you might be grinding in the Pirate Ship, where you'll find various Sea People Pages (different pages drop on 1st and 2nd floors). If you happen to complete a full set, then it's worth submitting the pages to Mersi for some small experience.

Note: Unlike the other repeatable daily quests, there isn't a visible timer to show when you can repeat the quest again (or if this quest is entirely repeatable all in itself). Nonetheless, it's a quest that I wouldn't go out of the way to farm all the pages; again, if you happen to have a full set, then go for submitting it.

Compared to the Bones quest, this grants ~10x more experience, so worth doing over it if you choose farm the sea pages.

Issue of the Library Card (Lvl 80)

NPC:Leadman (Essene - Magician's Convene)
    Reward:Library Card
    See Lexicon:Library Book Quest (Lvl 80+)
    Why? (Author's Note):Quick and simple quest (just pay like 10k kron upfront) to obtain a Library Card, which gives you access to the Library in Essene. Library is a place for AoE grinding and for the Clock Dungeon (lvl 96 - 135 Boss Dungeon).

Find a Book (Lvl 80, repeatable every 24 hrs)

NPC:Leadman (Essene - Magician's Convene)
    See Lexicon:Repeatable Experience Quests and Library Book Quest (Lvl 80+)
    Why? (Author's Note):Like with Reifield's Bones Quest and The People of the Sea Quest, you might be grinding in the Library, where you'll find various Unknown Books (they drop in the 1st and 2nd levels, and some books drop better in one level over the other). If you happen to complete a full set, then it's worth submitting the books to the Leadman for some small experience.

Note: Prior to accessing this quest, you'll have to complete the Researcher Laicynint quest in the Library itself. See Lexicon article for more details on completing it (it gives some decent experience).

Class Change Quest (Lvl 96)

Reward:3rd Class Change
    Why? (Author's Note):Straightfoward, this progresses you into the third class of your class line. See Lexicon Guide for requirements.

The Land of Dragons (Lvl 100), with associated quests (Lvl 100+)

NPC:Expedition Transporter Garcia (Essene)
    Reward:Access to Dragon Island
    See Lexicon:Dragon Island
    Why? (Author's Note):Dragon Island is the one of the fairly new areas in the game, and there's quite a few number of things that can be done there. Most notably, if you complete the series of Dragon Island trust quests, you'll gain access to purchasing Cutesy MP Potions (100 MP), Dragon Scrolls (easy access to the Super Hippogras World Boss), and have the ability of complete the daily Dragon quests (which grants some small experience and 1 Wyvern Skin each--you'd mainly want to do it for the experience).

Preserving Balance (Lvl 120, repeatable daily)

NPC:Kain (Sherwood Valley)
    Reward:Experience (Small), White Tiger Lucky Ball
    Why? (Author's Note):You'll naturally grab this quest as you complete the Fiersavier Dungeon (accessible at lvl 120 in the Ice Caves). Essentially worth for the small daily experience and the White Tiger Lucky Ball. Notable things from the Lucky Ball are the White Tiger mount and the White Tiger costumes (Helmet, Armor, and Tail)--the armor is the most useful out of the 3.

Restoring Balance (Lvl 125, repeatable daily)

NPC:Nain (Amorica Cave)
    Reward:Experience (Small), Dragon Lucky Ball
    Why? (Author's Note):The Amaranth Wyrm is a World Boss. Always worth for the small daily experience and the Dragon Lucky Ball. Notable things from the Lucky Ball are the Dragon mount and the 3 types of Amaranth Wings.

Class Change Quest (Lvl 131)

Reward:4th Class Change
    Why? (Author's Note):Straightfoward, this progresses you into the fourth and last class of your class line. See Lexicon Guide for requirements.

9021-junepotm2021-png

4982-button-png

Edited 7 times, last by Celten ().

• RESERVED IN CASE OF ADDITIONAL QUESTS

9021-junepotm2021-png

4982-button-png

• Thank you for this. This was on my to-do list for guides to make.

Only thing i'd add/change is to mention both Novice AND Advanced [lv 31-60] labyrinth challenge is worth it since the bear basher is much better than the weapon you'll have in your level 30s and 40s.

Also, tbh, I'd argue its worth more to keep Fairy Spheres and use them to restore HP than to turn them in to the NPC with how small of exp it gives, but thats more of a nit pick.

• Thank you for this. This was on my to-do list for guides to make.

Only thing i'd add/change is to mention both Novice AND Advanced [lv 31-60] labyrinth challenge is worth it since the bear basher is much better than the weapon you'll have in your level 30s and 40s.

Also, tbh, I'd argue its worth more to keep Fairy Spheres and use them to restore HP than to turn them in to the NPC with how small of exp it gives, but thats more of a nit pick.

Perf, added that small edit to the Labyrinth notes.

Yeah, for Fairy Spheres, up to the player. I went ahead and expand my author's note on being up to you to submit them or just use them to heal yourself. It's a quest to throw in the list and be considered, but not one I highly recommend anyways.

9021-junepotm2021-png

4982-button-png

• I'm not going to over analyze since this is just a guide, but I will point a couple things out.

Find Fairy Spheres - As Poochyena said, this isn't actually worth doing. In fact you'd earn exp several times faster killing mobs than you would with the time required to start this quest, turn it in, and start it over again(assuming you had enough for multiple turn ins) which shows how slow it is. Safe if you have the items, but slow.

Milk Delivery to Brynhilld (Lvl 38) - This quest also gives, I believe, 30 Milk(Heals 100 Hp), which can also an incentive to do this quest.

Reifield's Request (Lvl 50, repeatable daily) - This is actually an instant repeat quest, at least it was last I checked. There's no cooldown, you can turn it in in mass(which I've done), tho the exp is crap once you're at a stage where you can actually gather them yourself.

Strike Force to the Cave of Cobalts - This quest actually becomes available at lvl 70, not 72(There is a pop up at lvl 70, and the lvl 72 pop up doesn't point to any quests).

The People of the Sea - This is repeatable? That's news to me. There's no indication of this. Tho considering it's a daily, that's probably why(bad exp for a daily tho). Also, in the "Why?" for this quest, you called them bones in the last sentence.

Find a Book (Lvl 80, repeatable every 24 hrs) - You called the books bones.

I'd like to add Another Ordeal(Level 70) to the list. You start at your class's rep npc(Yupine/Knight, Mordine/Aco/Disc, etc...). The items can be farmed at the same time as the eroded souls for the other Cobalts quest.

Much of the lower level quests(especially repeats) were much much easier to do in OG than they are here, so I'm glad you only listed a couple of them with the note of not going out of your way for them.

Wardomic - 112 Warrior

Warshot - 96 Ranger

Rowan - 106 Holy Avenger

Sigma - 98 Priest

Dawn - 68 Mage

• Thanks for the feedback overall (even pointing out the minor typos--as you can see, I was copying and pasting tables around :D )!

Find Fairy Spheres - based on feedback so far (and doing it again on a lower level alt), I agree with you and Pooch, and I figured just to remove it altogether because of the opportunity cost (in other words, you're better off grinding and using the Fairy Spheres than to spend some time submitting them).

Milk Delivery - added that; I vaguely remembered it giving Milk as a reward (but just didn't want to add it immediately until it was confirmed). Thanks!

Reifield's Request - removed "repeatable"

Strike Force - correct; just re-saw the quest at the Guild Center. Changed to lvl 70.

People of the Sea - yep, I remember doing it at least twice. The hard part is knowing when you can repeat the quest because there's no timer like the other daily repeatable quests. I'll add a note about it (and probably emphasize that it's not worth going out of the way to find all the pages and submit). Fixed typos.

Find a Book - fixed typo

9021-junepotm2021-png

4982-button-png

• Very cool. Thanks for putting this all together for our new adventurers.

• I used my fairy spheres to lvl up on alt character. Tracked to make the turn in a bit faster. LOL

7844-lira-siggy-2-png

Lira 18x Paladin | Sati 14x ArcherLord | Eren 16x ArchMage |

Eryn 15x Saint Guardian | Erulisse 7x Rogue | Sassanach 15x Paladin

5228-lirasiggy-1-png

OG Marian: Lira 136 Paladin | Satime 122 Ranger | Juliet~ 13x Warlord | Erulisse 8x Rogue

~Signatures by Setsuna~

• Updated the Cobalts Cave to reflect the accurately named one at lvl 70:

pasted-from-clipboard.png

9021-junepotm2021-png

4982-button-png

• After grinding pirate ship and lost brynilld, I want to point out that the pirate ship's Men of the Sea quest is MUCH MUCH better than the bones quest. It gives medium exp and is daily, and also much quicker to collect the pages than bones. Pirate ship gives literally over 10 times more exp than bones quest, 61,500 EXP vs 796,000 EXP. Thats around 4 to 5% exp at level 73, when you can do the quest.

i'm actually not sure why more people don't grind pirate ship with how much easier it is to gather and having a quest that gives decent exp...

• I wouldn't recommend completing it right away (as it requires 5 Platinum Tokens one-time fee to access the area, and I'd recommend saving your Platinum Tokens for better things first), so you can complete this quest later down the line if you feel if it's worthwhile (see Lexicon Article for a full idea of what to expect on Dragon Island).

you may want to delete this now that a WB spawns there, and unlocking the dragon quests give you dragon scrolls which makes warping to the place more convenient. So the teleport and the other dragon quests are worth it imo.

The Amaranth Wyrm, unlike most Bosses, is an Overworld Boss that respawns every 3 - 4 hours after it is killed in the cave. If you happen to encounter it or join a dragon hunting party, be sure to grab this quest at the entrance of the cave (inside).

Essentially worth for the small daily experience and the Dragon Lucky Ball. Notable things from the Lucky Ball are the Dragon mount and the 3 types of Amaranth Wings.

oh yea, and this too.

(and pls update the sea pages quest too since its extremely misleading to imply the bones and sea pages quests both equally as good since they aren't; the sea page quest is much easier and gives way more exp)

• you may want to delete this now that a WB spawns there, and unlocking the dragon quests give you dragon scrolls which makes warping to the place more convenient. So the teleport and the other dragon quests are worth it imo.

oh yea, and this too.

(and pls update the sea pages quest too since its extremely misleading to imply the bones and sea pages quests both equally as good since they aren't; the sea page quest is much easier and gives way more exp)

Thanks, updated the Amorica one.

Updated the Sea Pages quest based on the information you mentioned. I just added a note noting how it's relatively better exp than the bones quest (and noting that the exp gained is medium, rather than small)--hopefully that indicates a difference between the two quests.

9021-junepotm2021-png

4982-button-png