Boss Dungeon Pet Peeves

• Boss Dungeon Pet Peeves

pasted-from-clipboard.png

After running a fair amount of Dungeons, many will surely experience some ups and downs when it comes to executing them. Here I'll share some of my Pet Peeves when it comes to doing Dungeon runs, largely revolving around the Boss Dungeons and perhaps like me you facepalm a few times.

Losing Spa egg...

This usually means that the 6 dungeon runs took longer then 30 min, the same duration as our Spa buffs causing the loss of the Spa egg. Depending on party compositions and many variables this could happen. I will share some of the reasons below that are related to this particular pet-peeve.

Deal with the Adds...

This one sounds quite obvious, but I seen quite a lot of times where they get ignored to the point that the deaths seems to be the healers fault when its not. Deal with them properly and immediately as they spawn, react swiftly and accordingly.

Don't just Auto-Attack the boss...

Most probably would tell you very friendly to also cast your skills. To be quite frank I honestly do not care what class you're on, but have some common decency to not just AFK while the rest is slaving away. Seen this before in Cow Legends and Tiger runs. In case you have a real-life emergency to afk and all you can do is auto-attack that makes it understandable sure and try to relay that to the party, otherwise do not be stuck just auto-attacking.

Be spa buffed...

At a certain level having Spa buffs will be very common. This optimizes the party to have a lot of damage and having everyone missing out makes the runs a lot slower. Attack Wings and Attack Pets sure that's nice, but not everyone has " luck " to be making those, on the other hand Spa buff items can be farmed and by a certain level it is quite important to have them. Try and be spa buffed.

Use your Cruel Blow and Dots...
    For Assassins mainly, to many times I have seen them just spam cast Dust Blade and that's it. The value of throwing Cruel Blow and Breeze Dagger seems to be quite undervalued, that or the Assassins in some particular instances felt lazy which is understandable. But, do not underestimate the value... use your DoT's they are at a very low cooldown as well.

Buffing before entering a dungeon and R checking

This one gets to me quite a bit because it takes up so much time to actually do this. Bless is not as important specially when its not on the Tank who will tank the adds at Tiger, other then that Bless only reduces the possible 300/400/500 damage taken by 20 give or take. It's not gonna matter to much. Fist up however will matter quite a bit since it's going to scale to make sure the bosses die quicker. So healers and party leads, we do appreciate you... but don't feel so inclined to make sure everyone is fully buffed before entering... specially not for Houdick or Lizards but this can honestly apply to every boss dungeon.

Potions, Revives, being prepped...

When a player dies, the healer can revive when the opportunity presents sure. But for one, player shouldn't be dying in the first place. Two, because of having proper HP amount into a players build. Three, make sure to have large potions from the dungeons that you do through minion token exchange. Then lastly, when the going gets tough and the party goes south always carry your own self revives. With the amount of Dungeons being done specially at high level I do not see a excuse to not be prepped.

Blaze Please...

On one hand you have players who really want to DPS and build themselves to do so, but on the other hand they might lack some HP. The tank here helps quite a bit, but... they don't use their Blaze or Eurosia which can result in deaths that could reduce the rewards. Simple reminder use them.

Cast your Howling...
    For healers this is about the only thing I often see healers do not do. It matters quite a lot to increase the damage output and making your runs efficient. Sure if your party is not as geared or well prepped to allow you to not heal for a second then its understandable. Otherwise don't forget your Howling.

Cast your Tailwind...

Aside from making others run faster to the entrance of the boss npc, having this up decreases the changes of your teammates missing their skills on the bosses and actually landing most of their hits due to its hitrate. At master it is like I think 40+ Hitrate? that's quite overpowered... and we appreciate if this is kept for the party. Make sure to buff the party as well and not just yourself with it.

Help your party leads...

Being party lead can be stressful and there are multiple ways party members can help. For one, don't just let the party lead world-chat in case they are looking for party-members. It costs them their kron and when its hard to find party members its almost like they pay for the parties luxury to be lazy about it. Another, is moving slightly then standing still right after a boss kill. This helps your party lead re-invite the party back after disbanding to re-enter the dungeon faster. Lastly don't be late... if the party lead asks you to be somewhere for a invite or the spa buff try and make it on time. It's always better to have you wait on the leader, over the leader waiting on you. Help yourself by helping your party and your party lead here.

You're level 120+ and riding this as a DPS...

Not to judge nobodies ride or rims but...

yo can you not...

Some of these pet peeves could very well not be relatable, then again these are " my pet peeves ".

At times I do my Dungeon runs at 0100 AM / 0300 AM due to timezone. Helping out to do Dungeon runs for others. You will get the utmost best of me if I do join. Because I could value my time sure, but more importantly I should also value the time of my 7 other party members and not just my own. Be a team player.

• Follow instructions of the party lead
    • Make it easier for the party lead and the party not harder
    • Properly use your skills and deal with adds
    • Make sure you are buffed and prepped with potions and self revives

Hope this is a mindset others could adopt, be it this is not a job and you shouldn't treat it as one its a game, still... you will have party members that will enjoy you trying your best to be consideratewhen attempting to make dungeon parties go smoothly, while cracking a few jokes for conversations if you can multitask that as well. Any party will be that much more appreciative to have a team player, I can guarantee it.

• Oh and lastly, clear the path for your party members

You know who you are... don't just let the mobs munch on your party members when they try to make their way to the dungeon NPC, clear the path for them. That's not common courtesy, if you can pull the mobs safely then that's your job. Do it. Thank you.

• All of this!
    (・∀・)人(・∀・)

CBT:

*:・゚・゚: *・゚:* *:・゚*:・゚ GUILD: Chill-N-Chat ・゚: *・゚:*`*:・゚*:・゚・゚:*`
    🕮\( •_•)_† Broomy 13X Paladin | ( う-´)づ}—– → Yayoi 8X Archer | ( ≧0≦)ノ━☆༽̨҉҉

Doki 4X Apprentice

1395-pasted-from-clipboard-autoscaled-png

ΦΨ˂̣̣̥✲゚:*҂ GUILD: Chaos n Carnage ΦΨ˂̣̣̥✲゚:*҂

🕮\( •_•)_† Broomy 15X Paladin | ( う-´)づ}—– → Yayoi 7X Scout

*(+・`ω・)○☆ Doki 6X Disciple | ┴┬(・_├┬┴ Sweeps 11X Assassin

(و •̀ ᴗ•́ )و Moppy 1X Xenian > ( ≧0≦)ノ━☆༽̨҉҉ Apprentice

(  ̄□)_Care of Fam_(○ ̄ )

• We've had a lot of people running at reset that just drop the mob on someone else or at the entrance instead of running mobs to a safe drop area. As a result your squishies (Healers, Mages, Archerlords) are dying on their way up to Firesaver and Cow. Maybe it isn't YOUR party but as a common courtesy to everyone running through, don't be a mob-dropping-jerk.

I'd like to add be kind to this list. For some players this is their first dungeon of it's type, for others perhaps they are the only character of their class in the party. Shouting at someone to do something does no one any good. (I.E You can't re-buff if you're currently dying from adds and trying to spam heal to stay alive). There's a difference between someone genuinely trying to get into the dungeon-rythme and flat out not doing the job/pulling their weight.

(Signature by Setsuna)

Sammie13 - Paladin - 15x | Saturn64 - Wizard - 10x | Pluto64 - Holy Avenger - 10x

• I'd like to add a section talking about the amount of hp a player should for a given dungeon. For me its nice to have atleast 1,2k life in clock/cow with blaze regardless of the class. Obviously, it is objective and it is highly depending on the quality of ur party. I tend to run alot of tiger and with different people. For me 1,4-1,5k with sc items and blaze was a sweet spot for DPS classes. (Regardless of Team Composition and skill level). It would be nice to add some recommendation from different player for this topic as it is really important.

Ways to get HP:

-adding sta depending on class

-sc item like Chameleon Suit (200HP) or Headphone (100HP)

-HP wings (150HP + max 6 STA)

-HP Accessoires ( max is +5 lvl 4 sta HP which is around 130 HP, most people use the one from NPC with 50-60 HP (e.g. Fangs with 50 HP for atk and HP)

-HP Mount (+15% + maybe flat amount like golem)

• Well you never partied me!! I use Howling all the time lol.

DYING laughing at the bike rider lolol

If you can read this....you're too close

LittleDylan 131 Paladin -Retired-

Dylanangel 71 Knight -Retired-

GM Daenerys -Retired-

• Specially this right here! Hahahaha was hilarious, but on a serious standpoint, this can create a lot of judgemental comments about this person, specially if you are dps running Tiger. Pretty sure you have a Panda by this point, seeing as the bicycle comes from pet chain rewards.

Axshujo - Warlord (14x) - Taco Tuesday - Class Changed: August 5th, 2020

Link - Ranger (13x) - Technophobia

.:Link:. - Archer (???) - Technophobia

• Please, I have seen worse, Rage.

But Bicycle part, I had the similar moment, too! I have seen someone else usin' a broom at Lizard the other day. I bit my tongue to prevent laughin' or commentin'. xD

Like, why? LOL!

Credited By Skittles<3

~Closed Beta~

|iHammi (Level 129 Pre-ArchMage)||Mystery (Level 100 Assassin)|

Bank (Best Bank Alt!)

~Opened Beta~

|iHammi (Level 13x Archmage)|<9/19/20>|Mew (Level 10x Assassin)|

|Hamzilla (5x Scout)|Mystery (1x Disciple)|

|Bank (Best bank Xenian!)|

• I mean MusicLover these are just my pet peeves, others might have perhaps different once...or worse. Share them if you want :P

Well, that explains why you always Rage over 'em every single day~! *Gun-fingers at you*

Credited By Skittles<3

~Closed Beta~

Bank (Best Bank Alt!)

~Opened Beta~

• My two cents:

Use your pots if you're low on health and the party is stunned (likely the healer is too), or if the healer doesn't have major heal yet. In the latter casee, I'm talking specifically about Houdick, especially in the case of there being several melee classes in the party.

I would also say, if you're ranged in Houdick, don't spread out to take up the whole room. To help the healer not have to run around like a chicken with its head cut off, try to stay somewhat close to your other ranged players.

Another pet peeve I've noticed recently, melee classes in houdick who are severely overweight. Even ranged classes overweight can be an issue. If you're slow, you're going to die to the bombs. Manage your inventory to manage your weight.

Also, in lizard on up, please please please stay within the circle of major heal.

Lira 140x Paladin | Sati 8x Archer | Eren 9x Mage | Eryn 7x Templar | Erulisse 3x Neophyte

OG: Lira 136 Paladin | Satime 11x Ranger | Juliet~ 13x Warlord | Erulisse 8x Rogue

~Signature by Setsuna~

• My new pet peeve is Hamster making dad jokes. Excuse me, that is my role, not yours! D:<

YOU WANT TO FIGHT ME? D:<! IT WAS YOU WHO ADDED A DADBOT TO MY DISCORD SERVER! YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

FIGHT ME! RIGHT HERE AND NOW! D:<

Credited By Skittles<3

~Closed Beta~

Bank (Best Bank Alt!)

~Opened Beta~

• What funny timing for this post to come!
    I've been slowly working on a Dungeon Etiquette and Helpful Party Practices Guide after being inspired by Vivi's and Celten's guide series. Many of your pet peeves outlined here are actually topics that I have covered in it as well. :)
    Once I get it to a fairly complete level, I would really appreciate your feedback on it if you'd be interested. Let me know!

Mabinogi ◦ Fleta Chookie Mochiko ◦ Thiccy

Wizard 9x | Warrior 8x | Priest 12X | Cleric 9x | Archer 9x   

GodSend

Tir Chonaill

• Please, I have seen worse, Rage.

But Bicycle part, I had the similar moment, too! I have seen someone else usin' a broom at Lizard the other day. I bit my tongue to prevent laughin' or commentin'. xD

Like, why? LOL!

I use a broom at Lizard. 😑 Fight me. In all seriousness though that sounds so judgemental, especially for new players who might not be able to afford mounts just yet or know where to get them.

I do, that's my choice. But don't think that just because someone is riding on a lesser mount they aren't putting in the work too.

Yes, that sounds defensive but look at it from the perspective up those who were unable to farm/are just starting out/have saved up only to get an MP mount and don't want to keep having cruddy luck. Laughing at them or commenting on their mount isn't gonna make them feel good.

(Signature by Setsuna)

Sammie13 - Paladin - 15x | Saturn64 - Wizard - 10x | Pluto64 - Holy Avenger - 10x

Edited once, last by MsSarahMay ().

• I use a broom at Lizard. 😑 Fight me. In all seriousness though that sounds so judgemental, especially for new players who might not be able to afford mounts just yet or know where to get them.

I do, that's my choice. But don't think that just because someone is riding on a lesser mount they aren't putting in the work too.

Yes, that sounds defensive but look at it from the perspective up those who were unable to farm/are just starting out/have saved up only to get an MP mount and don't want to keep having cruddy luck. Laughing at them or commenting on their mount isn't gonna make them feel good.

Woah, woah. No need to take me seriously. xD I mean, if you're sensitive, I apologize. However, I did comment 'bout that person who used broom the other day, they laughed along with me, regardless. They wanted to use it for silly moment, since they told me that they forgot to transfer their regular or high tier mounts from their mains. I understood that. xD

Therefore, I commented nicely. My specific comment was to that person, "You got a nice broom! Don't you have a mount or somethin'? Just askin'." I didn't even go, "Wow, you have a broom, go get a mount or do Pet Quest" or somethin' like that. :3

Credited By Skittles<3

~Closed Beta~

Bank (Best Bank Alt!)

~Opened Beta~

• Nice thread Rage, thanks for this. You covered a lot of players pet peeves here. One thing I'd like to add is that if there's a clear difference in damage between two people of the same class, it's best to let the higher damaging player use their DoTs. The same DoTs do not stack! That's to say... Poison blow from an assassin with 200 attack being used right after an assassin's poison blow with 400 attack is going to overwrite the higher level's and do half the damage. This may not seem like a big deal but it could be the reason you make it back to spa in time to get your egg!

• Specially this right here! Hahahaha was hilarious, but on a serious standpoint, this can create a lot of judgemental comments about this person, specially if you are dps running Tiger. Pretty sure you have a Panda by this point, seeing as the bicycle comes from pet chain rewards.

Honestly i have seen player not using any mounts and backpack in tiger

• Woah, woah. No need to take me seriously. xD I mean, if you're sensitive, I apologize. However, I did comment 'bout that person who used broom the other day, they laughed along with me, regardless. They wanted to use it for silly moment, since they told me that they forgot to transfer their regular or high tier mounts from their mains. I understood that. xD

Therefore, I commented nicely. My specific comment was to that person, "You got a nice broom! Don't you have a mount or somethin'? Just askin'." I didn't even go, "Wow, you have a broom, go get a mount or do Pet Quest" or somethin' like that. :3

That soul-crushing moment when you get that MP mount right out the gate 😭

I definitely think that after 96 you should be sporting some decent gear/pearls/acessories/mounts/skill pets because at that point everyone is gonna look at you a little weird if you're rocking say acolyte gear when you're priest level.

Perhaps similar to Flygon's post I would include that if possible it's good to have two sets of accessories. I've primarily seen tanks do this but the same can be done for healers. In a tanks case, one set for DEF if you're the primary or solo tank in the party and the other for ATT if you're a secondary tank. Likewise with healers, HP acessories to help with survivability if you're a solo healer or ATT acessories if you're the secondary healer and your role in the party is DPS.

(Signature by Setsuna)

• That soul-crushing moment when you get that MP mount right out the gate 😭

I definitely think that after 96 you should be sporting some decent gear/pearls/acessories/mounts/skill pets because at that point everyone is gonna look at you a little weird if you're rocking say acolyte gear when you're priest level.

Perhaps similar to Flygon's post I would include that if possible it's good to have two sets of accessories. I've primarily seen tanks do this but the same can be done for healers. In a tanks case, one set for DEF if you're the primary or solo tank in the party and the other for ATT if you're a secondary tank. Likewise with healers, HP acessories to help with survivability if you're a solo healer or ATT acessories if you're the secondary healer and your role in the party is DPS.

I agree! My first 3 (Panda, Fawn, Husky) mounts came out MP until my fourth one, a POW Fawn. It sucks, but at least the base stats are good haha. Now that I was able to own more mounts and sell/trade/buy other mounts, was able to obtain the gears.

But yes, going back on topic, I definitely agree bringing 2 sets of gears for healers/tank. I personally have both just in case, depending on which party I go to. I am used to another game's mechanic (FFXIV) where the healer dps and heals the party all the time hahaha.

Here's an example of defense vs attack gears, the significant difference in stats:

Defence:XenClient_2020-08-15_12-15-31.pngAttack:XenClient_2020-08-15_12-16-32.png

Axshujo - Warlord (14x) - Taco Tuesday - Class Changed: August 5th, 2020

Link - Ranger (13x) - Technophobia

.:Link:. - Archer (???) - Technophobia