Xen Madness Time polling!

• At what time do you want the event to be hosted? 75

1. 8am - 10:30am (2) 3%
    2. 10am -12:30pm (4) 5%
    3. 2pm - 4:30pm (33) 44%
    4. 5pm - 7:30pm (9) 12%
    5. 8pm - 10:30pm (27) 36%

So a xen madness event is coming and while the original idea was to host when GMs are available it turns out that with the great help of our new GMs availability should NOT be much of a problem!

So this time i turn to you the players to decide the time in which we should host this event!

All times in the poll are server time. If you want me to add a new timeframe for the event let me know but whatever gets voted the most by the end of saturday will be the time we will host the event at!

Regards,

GummyBear

• Why cant xen madness be spaced out throughout the entire day to be fair for everyone rather than set times? im sure most of us have an alt to at least get onto one of the 7 tiers that there is, could even make it every 2-3 hours per tier rather than 1 after the other in the space of 2 hours, weekend workers get hit like a truck on events at such a time, 2pm-4pm who even plays the game at this time server is afk/dead at this time.

6-7pm onwards is when i start seeing people move in the game....

• Why cant xen madness be spaced out throughout the entire day to be fair for everyone rather than set times? im sure most of us have an alt to at least get onto one of the 7 tiers that there is, could even make it every 2-3 hours per tier rather than 1 after the other in the space of 2 hours, weekend workers get hit like a truck on events at such a time, 2pm-4pm who even plays the game at this time server is afk/dead at this time.

6-7pm onwards is when i start seeing people move in the game....

First, creating a 2nd date/time to host would give a tremendous advantage to the most active players. Voting was created so players pick a time and the date was selected on a sunday for the overall availability of the player base at different times contrary to a weekday

Second, organizing the event which is massive in time consumption, planning and resources required to make it work makes it hard for the GM team to organize multiple instances of the event. Remember everyone in the team is a volunteer which means that for an event like this or the party a GM means most of the team needs to be available on the desired date/time in case anything happens that needs to be covered on our side. So having dofferent tiers at different times could become a tad chaotic to handle.

I understand your concern/complain and we will be working on ways to spread out the availability for events as important/representative as this, but until we have a full solution we will stick to this format and maybe continue to test tools/maps.

Regards,

GummyBear

• what was the point in having multiple/more GM if this shouldnt be a thing it requires 2 gm at most for an event like this if it was separated throughout the day and probably double that to be on at the given time it is organised the way it is atm.

Would make the day more interesting/active rather than oh quick everyone jump on for 2 hours of the game to be greedy then afk for the rest of the game till something interesting happens... yes i said that but its true.

• Gummy,

I understand in respect to the GM team that the possible time frames need to fit their avalibility schedule, and I know that it takes planning to keep these events going for players, but going forward would it be possible to provide several time frames that work well within select continents (Asia time, U.S time, European time, etc.) and allow us to vote off that rather than time frames geared for US players?

Likewise, provide a translated description for the event so that others are made appropriately aware of it if English isn't their strong-suit.

(Signature by Setsuna)

Sammie13 - Paladin - 15x | Saturn64 - Wizard - 10x | Pluto64 - Holy Avenger - 10x

• what was the point in having multiple/more GM if this shouldnt be a thing it requires 2 gm at most for an event like this if it was separated throughout the day and probably double that to be on at the given time it is organised the way it is atm.

Would make the day more interesting/active rather than oh quick everyone jump on for 2 hours of the game to be greedy then afk for the rest of the game till something interesting happens... yes i said that but its true.

Typical GM duties include but are not limited to:

• Moderating in-game and forum
    • Event planning and hosting
    • Considering and suggesting changes based on player feedback (both in game and forum)
    • Discuss and suggest future content internally
    • Handling private reports
    • Testing future content and bugs
    • Assisting players with bug reports when applicable
    • Keeping internal discussions and proposals within the staff until ready to be announced

I'm inclined to agree with Tree. What was the point of recruiting several new GMs? Was it not to help host events, among other things?

In any case, I'm intrigued with the idea of Xen Madness being similar to a dungeon/instance. Though, I'm not sure how that would work exactly. Would there be an dungeon/instance for each level tier? Having a timer active once you enter, and when the timer is up be warped out automatically? Also making it to where that particular toon couldn't enter again leaving the other times zones able to participate? Would be one heck of a solution. Would love to see this be implemented at some point.

Senshi - 11x Holy Avenger | DarkSenshi - 7x Cleric

Siggy by Setsuna

• Wouldnt it be possible to make the event like a dungeon where u can go in 1 time during the day and thats it?

I have thought about this option as well. But the drawback would then be players with multiple alts would be able to run it on all their characters (more than the intended amount of times for each player). This would give an advantage to the most active players. and the GM team seems to want to avoid this. What is to stop someone from making several accounts and plvling several alts to whatever desired level to then spam the "xen madness dungeon" all day?

A good idea, but I can see people taking extreme advantage of a dungeon like that.

Lira 140x Paladin | Sati 8x Archer | Eren 9x Mage | Eryn 7x Templar | Erulisse 3x Neophyte

OG: Lira 136 Paladin | Satime 11x Ranger | Juliet~ 13x Warlord | Erulisse 8x Rogue

~Signature by Setsuna~

• I'm inclined to agree with Tree. What was the point of recruiting several new GMs? Was it not to help host events, among other things?

yes, which we definitely have more events now than before. This event isn't as easy to host as others though, it requires multiple GMs, so hosting it for even longer than planned would be difficult. The biggest problem with hosting multiple rounds throughout the day is players going in multiple times since we wouldn't be able to track who goes in and not in previous rounds.

In any case, I'm intrigued with the idea of Xen Madness being similar to a dungeon/instance. Though, I'm not sure how that would work exactly. Would there be an dungeon/instance for each level tier? Having a timer active once you enter, and when the timer is up be warped out automatically? Also making it to where that particular toon couldn't enter again leaving the other times zones able to participate? Would be one heck of a solution. Would love to see this be implemented at some point.

My idea is to have it start once every hour for that day, and have the map close after ~25 minutes, teleporting everyone out. And have a counter tick up to make sure you can only enter once.

None these ideas would be able to be implemented in time for this event, but we do hope for more automated events like that

I have thought about this option as well. But the drawback would then be players with multiple alts would be able to run it on all their characters (more than the intended amount of times for each player). This would give an advantage to the most active players. and the GM team seems to want to avoid this. What is to stop someone from making several accounts and plvling several alts to whatever desired level to then spam the "xen madness dungeon" all day?

Right, this is a big concern. Its hard to make everyone happy while also preventing the extreme players from taking advantage of that in extreme ways.

• My idea is to have it start once every hour for that day, and have the map close after ~25 minutes, teleporting everyone out. And have a counter tick up to make sure you can only enter once.

None these ideas would be able to be implemented in time for this event, but we do hope for more automated events like that

That doesn't sound like a bad idea at all. A concern I have is would you be limiting it to one alt per account? If so, that would make level tiers irrelevant. I do like the sound of more automated events though!

Senshi - 11x Holy Avenger | DarkSenshi - 7x Cleric

Siggy by Setsuna

• The thing is people already have multiple alts to run the different tiers.

True, but the way they have it set up now, a single person can run at most 4 times.

If it switched to an all day dungeon format where you get ~25 minutes and the cooldown is on a character, a single (EXTREME) player could potentially do it 45-50 times by having 10 accounts. If the cooldown was per account, a player could feasibly make several accounts and run on each of those. Would most of Xen do this? No, but I know some who would.

My idea is to have it start once every hour for that day, and have the map close after ~25 minutes, teleporting everyone out. And have a counter tick up to make sure you can only enter once.

That's a good idea for limiting the number of times someone could enter, while still accomodating the timezones and people's schedules. No wonder you're a GM!

Lira 140x Paladin | Sati 8x Archer | Eren 9x Mage | Eryn 7x Templar | Erulisse 3x Neophyte

OG: Lira 136 Paladin | Satime 11x Ranger | Juliet~ 13x Warlord | Erulisse 8x Rogue

~Signature by Setsuna~

• A concern I have is would you be limiting it to one alt per account? If so, that would make level tiers irrelevant.

The purpose of tiers is to make sure everyone can kill stuff, since the monsters that spawn in each tier are monsters of similar level. Similar to how the labyrinth tiers.

• Just throwing out a possible idea to play around with based on that automated NPC idea:

1 Week Leading to Xen Madness (EXCLUDES DAY OF):

With that NPC, how about it is available for 1 week leading up to Xen Madness, and that NPC dispenses an "entry ticket" limited 1 for each character. You would be given an "entry ticket" based on your level. So for example, my lvl 16x Archmage would be given a "Lvl 141+ entry ticket" while my Lvl 13x Paladin gets a "Lvl 110 - Lvl 140" ticket.

Tickets are character bound, similar to how Caricobanas (even the Reindeer pets) are like. That means tickets can't be sold, traded, nor stored.

I believe 1 week (or maybe 3 days?) is reasonable for players to find a time during the week to stop by and pick up a ticket.

Day of Xen Madness

The NPC does not dispense tickets on the day of Xen Madness.

Instead, the NPC turns into a dungeon entry NPC and you can only enter if you meet the following conditions:

• You have an entry ticket (and it gets consumed upon entry)
    • You are still within the level range of that entry ticket (avoids situations where you pick up a lvl 16 - 35 entry ticket and you enter as a lvl 66 instead)

So ideally you'd want to pick up your entry ticket on the last possible day to obtain them just to have a least likely chance to outlvling your entry ticket.

And basically this NPC acts as a dungeon entry point for 24 hours to accommodate players of various schedules and time zones.

And what about the logistics inside the dungeon?

Probably what has been mentioned already--a set time limit to be in that dungeon and you kill as many mobs as you can and get Xen drops (not 100% xen drop of course). Another idea could be getting a score based on how many monsters you kill and there's a calculation that awards you Xens based upon the number of monsters killed (while adding a class-based multiplier/adjustment so that it can be near fair across all classes). Honestly open to more ideas on this since the focus of my idea was the entry logistics (and not the actual event logistics).

So what about multiple accounts?

• Honestly, I think you have to be insane to work on multiple accounts and create multiple characters (while plvling them all and getting enough lucky ball gears to optimalize them all), so I imagine it being like <1% of the population pursuing this route
    • To add a barrier, make the entry ticket NPC available at least in Essene and place a lvl barrier (so lvl 16+ to access Essene plus to obtain an entry ticket) so that people aren't making like 50 lvl 1 characters and redeeming tickets on all. Instead, they'd have to work on getting all those chars to lvl 16 to redeem a lvl 16 - 34 ticket at most.

Open to expanding this idea more and to hear what others think (I'm sure there are loopholes/gaps that I failed to see thinking about this idea).

Matcha - ArchMeme 16X ∞∞∞ Celten - Pala-meme 13X ∞∞∞ Ube - Meme Guardian 14X

Main Guild(s): Chaos n Carnage (GM), Itadakimasu!

CB: Celten - Paladin 13X l Matcha - ArchMage 13X l Salten - Disciple 6X

New to the game? Check out Vivi's Guide Index

4982-button-png

• True, but the way they have it set up now, a single person can run at most 4 times.

If it switched to an all day dungeon format where you get ~25 minutes and the cooldown is on a character, a single (EXTREME) player could potentially do it 45-50 times by having 10 accounts. If the cooldown was per account, a player could feasibly make several accounts and run on each of those. Would most of Xen do this? No, but I know some who would.

That's a good idea for limiting the number of times someone could enter, while still accomodating the timezones and people's schedules. No wonder you're a GM!

This is why ip tracking per computer should be implemented for events like these and it can be done automated eventually to stop the Extreme player from doing as you say.

if they then wanna change up there ip using VPN thats basically 3rd party programming and thus getting slapped with a ban for it no need to use VPN on a game at all if they go 1 step further reseting there router each time for a different ip then honestly after that they deserve the amount of time it takes and changes to go that far for there rewards....

So many things you can do make it less Advantaged to the hardcore players and more for everyone with abuse as the dungeon once per account (eg pet chain) could be done like this.