Migrate to Xenepic Revo? 187
The result is only visible to the participants.
Today I'm asking for your thoughts about a big change of the game.
As you know there are some bugs and issues we can not fix, because we do not have the game client's full code (and we will never have it).
We can only change a limited part of code.
There are features we can not implement for the same reason.
We are soon reaching some limits of the client because it's very old and has bad coding.
But, we can fix some of the issues, bugs and add some more features by upgrading to the Xenepic Revo or Solstice Reborn client.
If possible I would upgrade to the Xenepic Revo client because it's the latest client.
I know that reborn wasn't loved.. but that was not the fault of the game client.
Before you say NO, please read further!
- All skills, items, quests, monsters, pets.. will stay the same as they are now.
- Monsters will stay where they are now (because they are serverside)
- We can migrate all the data to the new client. Nothing will get lost.
- Also, HP and MP will stay for all classes. (No stamina bar!)
- We will NOT add gems with overpowered stats like the HP regeneration gems from reborn.
The only changes are the UI*, bugfixes, better performance and a load of new features!
Here is a list of new stuff we could get:
- Hotkey customization
- Quest markers above NPCs and on minimap
- Auction House
- 10 character slots per account
- Status Boxes for all monsters (HP, name, classification with stars like for HH or elite monster)
- Rarety colors for items
- Party markers
- Gear glow effects
- Gems & socketing
- Advanced minimap (quest markers, zoom, click and move)
- Maybe even more new stuff :o
Small fixes and nice to have:
- Better performance (hopefully less lag when a lot of people are on the same map)
- Fixed Stat Window
- Fixed class icons in char select
- Fixed Notice message (emotes for example)
- Some costume fixes (some helmets and wings that are off)
- Archer Lord and Saint Guardian name in party box
- Buffs in party member box (not entirely sure)
- EXP line at the bottom
- Xen Guide icon in menu
- No total Quest limit (sots has a quest limit of 100 in total for the completed quest list)
- The UI can be changed to japanese for our japanese players by replacing a file (This may get integrated into the launcher)
- And maybe other fixes we do not know of yet
* I may be able to adjust the UI a little.
What if we do not migrate?
- We wont ever have the above listed features
- We can not add any more quests soon
My rough time calculation for the migration is about 2 months.
This time calculation includes:
Migration of the server and client (items, skills, monsters, pets,..)
Adding Quest markers, Party markers, Hotkey customization, 10 character slots and all the other stuff from the "Small fixes and nice to have" list.
What do you think? Should we take the effort to migrate the server and client to the latest xenepic revo client?
If you have questions before voting, feel free to ask them here.
Depending on the voting, we will add this migration to the Roadmap.
You can also share other Screenshots and Videos if you want!
Some changed UI Windows