Xenepic migration

• Migrate to Xenepic Revo? 187

The result is only visible to the participants.

Greetings Xenians!

Today I'm asking for your thoughts about a big change of the game.

As you know there are some bugs and issues we can not fix, because we do not have the game client's full code (and we will never have it).

We can only change a limited part of code.

There are features we can not implement for the same reason.

We are soon reaching some limits of the client because it's very old and has bad coding.

But, we can fix some of the issues, bugs and add some more features by upgrading to the Xenepic Revo or Solstice Reborn client.

If possible I would upgrade to the Xenepic Revo client because it's the latest client.

I know that reborn wasn't loved.. but that was not the fault of the game client. ;)

Before you say NO, please read further!

• All skills, items, quests, monsters, pets.. will stay the same as they are now.
    • Monsters will stay where they are now (because they are serverside)
    • We can migrate all the data to the new client. Nothing will get lost.
    • Also, HP and MP will stay for all classes. (No stamina bar!)
    • We will NOT add gems with overpowered stats like the HP regeneration gems from reborn.

The only changes are the UI*, bugfixes, better performance and a load of new features!

Here is a list of new stuff we could get:

• Hotkey customization
    • Quest markers above NPCs and on minimap
    • Auction House
    • 10 character slots per account
    • Status Boxes for all monsters (HP, name, classification with stars like for HH or elite monster)
    • Rarety colors for items
    • Party markers
    • Gear glow effects
    • Harvesting
    • Gems & socketing
    • Advanced minimap (quest markers, zoom, click and move)
    • Maybe even more new stuff :o

Small fixes and nice to have:

• Better performance (hopefully less lag when a lot of people are on the same map)
    • Fixed Stat Window
    • Fixed class icons in char select
    • Fixed Notice message (emotes for example)
    • Some costume fixes (some helmets and wings that are off)
    • Archer Lord and Saint Guardian name in party box
    • Buffs in party member box (not entirely sure)
    • EXP line at the bottom
    • Xen Guide icon in menu
    • No total Quest limit (sots has a quest limit of 100 in total for the completed quest list)
    • The UI can be changed to japanese for our japanese players by replacing a file (This may get integrated into the launcher)
    • And maybe other fixes we do not know of yet :)

* I may be able to adjust the UI a little.

What if we do not migrate?

• We wont ever have the above listed features
    • We can not add any more quests soon

My rough time calculation for the migration is about 2 months.

This time calculation includes:

Migration of the server and client (items, skills, monsters, pets,..)

Adding Quest markers, Party markers, Hotkey customization, 10 character slots and all the other stuff from the "Small fixes and nice to have" list.

What do you think? Should we take the effort to migrate the server and client to the latest xenepic revo client?

If you have questions before voting, feel free to ask them here.

Depending on the voting, we will add this migration to the Roadmap.

You can also share other Screenshots and Videos if you want!

Some Screenshots:

Quest markers

Glow effects

Character selection

Some changed UI Windows

Admin & Game Master

Report Bugs in the Bug Section please!

Donate if you like the game ;)

• Absolutely yes! I hated Reborn but probably because I didn't really give it a chance. Lets see what you can do

If you can read this....you're too close

LittleDylan 131 Paladin -Retired-

Dylanangel 71 Knight -Retired-

GM Daenerys -Retired-

• HELL YEAH!

tim - ARCHER LORD - Level 14x - Adrenaline

timolor - WARRIOR - Level 12x - Odyssey

Devil - ROGUE - Level 7x - Odyssey

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

• Will skills and such still behave the same as they do now? Or will they change?

I've never played Revo, so I don't know if it was mainly a single target game or not.

CBT

Chill-N-Chat Guild

Peaen 11x Assassin | Paean 7x Mage | Mango 7x Archer

OBT

Chaos n Carnage Guild / Itadakimasu! / Naughty by Nature / Kuki Kumas

Peaen 15x Shadow Master | Mango 9x Ranger | Mangosteen 10x Wizard | Papaya 5x Tanking Apprentice

• Ooh, I cannot wait to see what Synex and the GMs will do with this. We are all counting on you <3

MAGICALXGRL 134 Archmage ~Vulpeus~ (GM)

NATSUMI 78 Cleric RED PANDA CLUB

MANGONISTA 90 Rogue BOBALASTIC (GM)

ANIMEANGEL 81 Xenian XENIANS GUILD

Shini~Chan 54 Scout MEWSHASHI

Discord BaoMage#7755 or FB My Facebook

MagicXShini Apprentice ~Vulpeus~

BaoBao Acolyte ~ETERNAL~

ChocoPuff Bobalastic

Okonomiyaki Magnifique

~YanYan~

• Most definitely yes. I played reborn quite a bit and loved the advanced features. I also heard revo was even better. You have done a fantastic job so far and with the updated UI I feel you will have more control of the game dynamics. Can't wait til it's updated.

LIMBO...... Heaven won't have me and Hell served me an eviction notice. Deal with it!!

• The day after Reborn was implemented back in Sos, I quit.

Also, with 10 char slots, does that mean my alt accounts chars will be added to my main account? Otherwise I'm a maybe no.

Grapefruit 15x Archer Lord  | Dragonfruit 14x Warlord | Illyria 16x Saint Guardian

| Volchok 14x Paladin  | Starfruit 5x Apprentice

Edited once, last by Grapefruit ().

• YAS! Sounds super exciting. I know we're basing on screenshots and what Synex has written, but could we potentially get a more extensive tour with the client (e.g. a video)? I figured the YouTube videos on Xenepic Revo might be adequate enough, and I'm not a person to jump into the boat right off the bat.

Is it even possible for us to have a trial run with whatever Revo client is available right now?

Lastly, I see 10 character slots (which is nice!). For those who have multiple characters in different accounts, would there be a way to merge accounts or migrate some characters into one?

Matcha - ArchMage 18X ∞∞∞ Celten - Paladin 16X ∞∞∞ Ube - Saint Guardian 16X

BubbleTea - Archer Lord 15X ∞∞∞ Umbreon - Shadow Master 14X

Main Guild(s): Chaos n Carnage (GM), Itadakimasu!, Kuki Kumas

Credits to my Sekrit Sant-ugh (Setsuna) for the Siggy and kaicean (Skittles) for Avatar <3

OG: Celten (Adeline) - Warrior 10X l Galatic (Marian) - Shadow Master 13X

CB: Celten - Paladin 13X l Matcha - ArchMage 13X

New to the game? Check out Vivi's Guide Index

4982-button-png

• the things i hate of reborn was that the aoe skills were modificated for rogues and archers, all monsters were removed from their original maps and then put them randomly in the maps, the npc´s were removed too, i really hate reborn i hope this change wont do the same things like the last time. for me its a NO.

• Will skills and such still behave the same as they do now? Or will they change?

I've never played Revo, so I don't know if it was mainly a single target game or not.

They will stay the same as they are now.

No brainer for me if it fixes the font issues I have.. yes.

I hope so too :)

I don't mind the migration, question is, can we revert back if the community has a change of heart?

It is possible.

I agree with this, but will it take away our function to aoe?

No

The day after Reborn was implemented back in Sos, I quit.

Also, with 10 char slots, does that mean my alt accounts chars will be added to my main account? Otherwise I'm a no.

We may add a functionality to let everyone decide that on their own.

Can we do a test migration before we fuck up the real migration? :D But this is exciting as long as we can keep the gameplay the same. I hated the skills and stamina stuff in Reborn. I hate not being able to AOE.

It is possible and maybe a good idea to add a Public Test Server for this.

Admin & Game Master

Report Bugs in the Bug Section please!

Donate if you like the game ;)