The Thrill of Suicide Kiting

• I don't know about you peeps, but...I enjoy the RUSH of suicide kiting! 8) It puts me in that special zone of both danger and excitement. I'm always put on edge knowing I can die at any moment. I suppose you can compare it to riding a roller coaster ...that feeling of anticipation before dropping is oddly satisfying. :D

I enjoy the fact that suicide kiting gets my mind working: having to contstanly keep my HP/MP topped, making sure my buffs are active, and traversing through the map without losing the mob (on ramps or around annoying trees or rocks). It is the most satisfying way to gain XP in my opinion, knowing that I've worked hard and diligently for it!

I'm currently a SIN testing the waters of newer and more difficult maps. And so far, trying this method has made the game a lot more engaging and fun for me!

Curious to know if anyone else feels this way?...or totally dread doing it, lol. ;)

• Ooh, that does sound like fun. It brings out the game in a new way. :) Hard work but looks worth it.

Artwork by AlexYipYip

MY CONTACT INFO| DISCORD| BaoMage#7755 | FACEBOOK| My Facebook (I am on here more)

MagicalXGrl | Level 135 Archmage | GM- ~Vulpesus~

Natsumi | Level 80 Cleric | Red Panda Club

AnimeAngel |Level 107 Super Xenian | Xenians

(YEA… I KNOW…)

Mangonista |Level 90 Rogue | GM- Bobalastic

Shini~Chan | Level 67 Archer | Mushashi

• I guess I kinda do that in Sleepless Grave, its more lazier cuz I depend on a 10 min buff. If I don't refresh it, I will quickly get killed.

Wizards can probably do that but not in a large full scale map I think. My laptop is too slow for Frost -> Icicle -> run towards mob and away -> volcano -> Volcano -> Frost

I'm more into matching the defense required...sitting on spot, and volcano spamming

Made by FRIES (Art) and Rokusan (BIO)
    PotM of July 2021
    Sparkie12: Level 142 Archmage (Ace Mage)
    Popcorn12: Level 93 Cleric (Lizard/Factory Healer)
    Dex12: Level 67 Archer (Houdick Reset Dungeoneer)
    ChocoBar12: Level 30 Xenian (Super to be)

• Wizards can probably do that but not in a large full scale map I think. My laptop is too slow for Frost -> Icicle -> run towards mob and away -> volcano -> Volcano -> Frost

If only mages could do aoe.

Artwork by AlexYipYip

MY CONTACT INFO| DISCORD| BaoMage#7755 | FACEBOOK| My Facebook (I am on here more)

(YEA… I KNOW…)

• It's really fun...I'm gonna test my limits on much more difficult maps in the near future once I get a few more def and dodge... >:)

Go Roku you got this <3

Artwork by AlexYipYip

(YEA… I KNOW…)

• Hey!

I also love suicide kiting! I usually do it on my archer. On my sin, I don't really count it as kiting, because I just take the hits and hope and rely heavily on my dodge. I also love the thrill and how rewarding to get the exp after working hard gathering and staying alive! Let me share my experiences on kiting and/or suicide aoe.

Archer:

- I think it's easiest to kite aoe using the archer class as long as you have enough move speed and sufficient def.

- At level 71, my baby archer back then, equipped with robo wings, could already plvl himself in Aseraphel, and in Amorica Forest at level 100.

- Kiting becomes easier and deaths become lesser when I finally learn arrow rampage.

- Back when hellein parties were a thing, archers who kite were also quite popular because they serve as both pullers and DPS ftw!

Assassin:

- I think I started aoeing maps that deal less than 10 damage as soon as my dodge reached 50+.

- Exp and loot were very rewarding for both me and my healer! It's very engaging and fun!

- As soon as I hit LVL 125, I started suicide aoeing Shenzen Waterfall whenever I have a healer:

Now I am actually planning to focus on my AL and kite aoe the new maps. However, most of them are maze-like, which limits maneuverability. Even in Shenzen Waterfall, my AL struggles to keep the mobs following. Some inevitably drop especially when they're in line (crossing bridges, ramps, etc). I hope they add more opportunities for players of different classes to suicide kite aoe! :D

• Oooh...kiting Amorica at lvl 100 with an Archer?! that's awesome :D

I'm glad you too feel the same way Roche . Maybe I should follow your footsteps as you did with your Sin. Currently at lvl 120 right now, and was able to successfully suicide aoe/kite Bangle :D.

What other places would you recommend I try around my level?

• You are having fun Roche

Artwork by AlexYipYip

(YEA… I KNOW…)

• So I started kiting again on my AL and Ranger. Let me share my gameplays:

This one is my AL. I wanted to share a no-death run, but every time I record my aoe, I'd die at least once. Well what's a suicide aoe without deaths, right? Watch my stupid decision at 1:20.

This one is my Ranger. Amorica has been my go-to kite map pre lvl 131. But of course that will change if and when this toon reaches 125+.

• There’s that Xen sound *ding*

Artwork by AlexYipYip

(YEA… I KNOW…)

• That’s what i’ve been doing with my SM ever since i moved out of Amorica, and It’ll probably continue until i get to full +6 alteration set. Right now i’m taking 21 and 45 dmg from hard hitters in Shenzhen Waterfall. I can comfortably aoe there when i pulled 1/2 of the map, but i hardly ever stop at a half. LoL, sometimes i got distracted and took my eyes off the action for a sec only to find out that i was dead when refocused . I also never used pendant. Despite the high risk, i hardly ever die thanks to dodge and large hp pots. I probably died more on my WL when spa or bulwark ran out than on my 100 dodges SM :). Also, I pop large hp like candies, even when i don’t need to but did it anyway for good measures.

To minimize damages during killing, kiter kindda developing different aoe habits. As for me, I tend to move in zig zag, circle, or straight pattern during killing (i never do that on my WL). I also overkill “enhance”, my finger is glued to the hot key designated for “enhance” and press it even when i don’t need to. Also, i have the invisible skill on hot keys too just incase things going south. I’ve went invisible to safe my behind when aoeing maps way too high for my def.

I can’t say that i enjoy kiting (only sometimes ), I only do it because the rewards justify taking the risks. I rather aoe in maps that give a bit less exp but way less risky. After spending some times in Shenzhen, i’ve getting quite comfortable with solo suicide aoe with my SM and it seems to getting easier with every lvl.

• I was going to have heart palpitations for your little healers running behind you but so glad to see you didnt have any lol....then I got heart palpitations watching that video Roche. I think I have PTSD from being a little healer chasing behind Sno in Bangle LOL

Y'all ain't gonna cyberbully me or try to push on me
    Until I'm becoming some chick who I'm not

I'm a wolf, I dont lie with sheep;)

Burn the circus down 'cause the world is full of clowns
    They're all stupid and they're proud, making smiles on they mouths
    I don't hang with Bozos, homie, I can't be around you
    Anyone who knows me, knows my feet don't fit in clown shoes

• “I think I have PTSD from being a little healer chasing behind Sno in Bangle LOL”. My guess is that you are referring to the org Sots game. Healers who suicidal aoed back then were super because tanks were lacking most of the def boosts we have today and really taking massive dmg. Our hp bars bounced up and down like a basketball throughout the aoe. Now that raises your heart rates and leave behind unforgettable memories/PTSD!

• “I think I have PTSD from being a little healer chasing behind Sno in Bangle LOL”. My guess is that you are referring to the org Sots game. Healers who suicidal aoed back then were super because tanks were lacking most of the def boosts we have today and really taking massive dmg. Our hp bars bounced up and down like a basketball throughout the aoe. Now that raises your heart rates and leave behind unforgettable memories/PTSD!

Absolutely!

Y'all ain't gonna cyberbully me or try to push on me
    Until I'm becoming some chick who I'm not

I'm a wolf, I dont lie with sheep;)

Burn the circus down 'cause the world is full of clowns
    They're all stupid and they're proud, making smiles on they mouths
    I don't hang with Bozos, homie, I can't be around you
    Anyone who knows me, knows my feet don't fit in clown shoes

• I definitely, absolutely, feel the same way as you, roku. When people complain about how hard it is to lvl a sin/sm because of low defense ("I am stuck in low lvl maps"), I always reply: Hey, you have dodge for a reason, you aren't meant to take 1s and 2s!! XD Suicide aoeing on sm is really a lot of fun as it indeed keeps your brain active, learning when to Sandstorm, when to Light Masque, how to gather deadends and curves, how to kill on the go... It goes the same for when i healed. I always tried to heal for kiting/suicide aoeing "tanks", because following someone taking 1s and 2s is pretty boring to me. I think my tank-e-hub can testify LOL ("you adrenaline junkie!!!")

I ended up making a ranger as well as I thought I would love to kite on it (on sm the difference is that you can still take a few hits, but with a ranger you get hit by 3 mobs and you are dead!). I really, really like it as well and enjoy all the "strategy" behind it, but i addmit it is a bit more frustrating while learning because any small lag spike or server delay will make you die. So if you use a squishy to kite i recommend stocking on large pots, jureah's rezs, pendants and a lottttttttttt of patience, at least while learning to counter small delays on your server-comp communication. It is really fun.

Kiting is LIFE!!!~

Kiting is LIFE!!! AHUU AHUU AHUUU!

7587-cugwtuy-autoscaled-jpg

awesome art by Skittles<3

✯ ✯ ✯

misamisaDN ♪ Kitiara ♫ Ummi ✯

Paladin ♫ Shadow master ♪ Archmage

• I definitely, absolutely, feel the same way as you, roku. When people complain about how hard it is to lvl a sin/sm because of low defense ("I am stuck in low lvl maps"), I always reply: Hey, you have dodge for a reason, you aren't meant to take 1s and 2s!! XD Suicide aoeing on sm is really a lot of fun as it indeed keeps your brain active, learning when to Sandstorm, when to Light Masque, how to gather deadends and curves, how to kill on the go... It goes the same for when i healed. I always tried to heal for kiting/suicide aoeing "tanks", because following someone taking 1s and 2s is pretty boring to me. I think my tank-e-hub can testify LOL ("you adrenaline junkie!!!")

I ended up making a ranger as well as I thought I would love to kite on it (on sm the difference is that you can still take a few hits, but with a ranger you get hit by 3 mobs and you are dead!). I really, really like it as well and enjoy all the "strategy" behind it, but i addmit it is a bit more frustrating while learning because any small lag spike or server delay will make you die. So if you use a squishy to kite i recommend stocking on large pots, jureah's rezs, pendants and a lottttttttttt of patience, at least while learning to counter small delays on your server-comp communication. It is really fun.

Kiting is LIFE!!! AHUU AHUU AHUUU!

I'm glad that I can share this iteration of masochism with other ppl, lol.