My Templar Experience...

• My Templar Experience...

August 11th, 2011. The shutdown of the original game and there for the original Templar class experience.

With the revival of our Private Server, the Templar class is reborn. During CBT it was announced that Class balances would be centered around " Specific Roles ". That came with a lot of unwanted changes.

I was still hopeful and perhaps naive, to see our class back in full glory being pushed in the direction of Nostalgic accuracy. To have lost nothing, and only improving upon it. But the opposite happened...

• My class got changed...
    • I was given a specific role...
    • A role at times I don't even see myself fulfilling...
    • Countless nerfs hit our class...
    • My stun rates are gone...
    • My shake mind is changed...
    • Our damage is transferred to new skills with cooldowns...
    • Or even a new skill with no stun rate...
    • I now have to buff 6x more than in OG...
    • Some of the buffs were bandages to make up for what we lost...
    • And my identity became an MP pot...

I've lost almost everything about what I loved about my class... and so did many others.

Sure enough... one by one I lost friends who would play no more. And their frustrated voices became forgotten. Whenever I spoke their frustrations out, including mine? I was viewed as but a nuisence, demonized. It's not the class people play thus not their problem. And there are new Templars who wouldn't know any better or Templars that tolerated the changes and stayed or rerolled.

The message was clear. You're balanced now, our way. Even with over 13 nerfs and alterations you're deemed " fine ". Even if that came at the cost of how you used to experience your class.

Thus bringing attention to it is coupled with negativity

• I tried forum feedback
    • I tried feedback of players during CBT
    • I tried feedback of players who quit and why
    • I tried meme's
    • I tried testing builds
    • I tried poetry
    • I tried contacting GM's

Just to see what can be done to regain some of what we lost from the nostalgic experience. Some attention... but all I get is a slap in the face... for asking " the bare minimum of what we lost, restored " was too much to ask! While some classes are treated like their love child. And it took them more effort to alter our beloved class than to keep what we had. All for the sake of their precious " Balance ".

But overbalancing a Class that will make original players not play it anymore is useless.

I tried shaming as a method, but all I get in-game from our caring volunteer GM's is a Deathslap.

Where does that leave my Experience? I posted a thread called " The Silenced Forgotten " and it should be to no surprise it's about the Templars who quit that aren't here no more to voice their frustrations if you interpret it from our game.

They have been filtered out, cause they're not here to voice anything anymore. You can look into the Templar Class forum, it's a battlefield of feedback with players that indeed aren't here anymore and that should have already been a sign.

Quite frankly... I've given up. I will never see my Class used to be ever again. And maybe that's my stubbornness, my passion, or maybe cause I lost a lot already. Who knows. I'm not waiting another year to see us being turned into meatshields more or cannon fodder when they decide to possibly nerf dodge to indirectly hit us again.

For those who enjoy Templar? keep enjoying it. But this was " my experience " and personally, the new nerfed revamped Templar is what I don't enjoy.

To the Team, you have balanced the game? maybe? Good Job.

Though you have ruined the original Templar experience from my PoV

But, there is still one last gesture... do with it what u will.

RipTemplarClass2011.gif

Consider this, the voice of the Forgotten Templar players

from far far away...

Rip OG Templar Experience

August 11th, 2011- Secret of the Solstice.

• seeing your words is sad....seeing frustrations from others is sad...but its incredibly heartbreaking seeing that delete character....I'm sorry you're being ignored and pretty disgusted hearing about the GM deathslap.....what an a......hole thing to do....maybe reach out and see what's going on and how to fix it instead of insult and showing obvious dgaf....I'm sorry Rage....so very sorry your experience is this crappy....

Y'all ain't gonna cyberbully me or try to push on me
    Until I'm becoming some chick who I'm not

I'm a wolf, I dont lie with sheep;)

Burn the circus down 'cause the world is full of clowns
    They're all stupid and they're proud, making smiles on they mouths
    I don't hang with Bozos, homie, I can't be around you
    Anyone who knows me, knows my feet don't fit in clown shoes

• Sorry you feel that way. We planned for some buffs to the class through dragon raid rewards.. but the dragon raid has been delayed indefinitely at this point. We have discussed over the past few days changes to increase the QoL for the class. I strongly support merging some skills together so there are less skills you have to use, and you can actually fit everything you need onto your hot key bar.

I believe overall templar is a good class, just needs a few improvements. I wasn't around for any changes made to the class during closed beta, so I can't speak for that. There was a small boost to the class a few months ago Update 02/01 - News & Announcements - Xen Rebirth

• I am saddened by this action. However, I do want to point out that yes Rage you did in fact privately send me a message just yesterday. I can assure you that things just don't happen overnight, nor should they. I want to reiterate Gantas above post about the skill changes that did occur a few months ago. It does provide QOL changes to certain skills of all classes in order to achieve a better stance of the skills being used. Could there always be room for improvement and tweaking? Absolutely! But again, it doesn't happen overnight.

For whatever reasons that you seem to believe that you single handedly became "The Silenced Forgotten" is very untrue. And I am sorry you feel that way. But what you don't see (and never will) is the fact that we have been discussing your message amongst ourselves as well as many other things we have seen you write (even if it is very lengthy).

I may be speaking for myself, but you and everyone else here do not go unnoticed...

~ I AM AN ENIGMA IN ITSELF ~

I will accept Oreos for your sins!

Easiest way to contact me is on Discord @ Enigma#0651

You are always welcome to contact me through conversations too!

I may be AFK in game a lot, but I do check the forums regularly.

(disclaimer: do not expect me to get back with you in that same instance)

Any game bugs need to be reported on forums please!

• plz delete class.

SO my real question comes into play here, DOES any of the staff know anything about Class balancing? Or are you all just winging it and doing what you believe is just?

• Please do some balancing with all classes from Mages to Templars. We all need some love here. Thank you. Rage words are sad :(. Hope it’s changed soon.

Artwork by AlexYipYip

MY CONTACT INFO| DISCORD| BaoMage#7755 | FACEBOOK| My Facebook (I am on here more)

MagicalXGrl | Level 135 Archmage | GM- ~Vulpesus~

Natsumi | Level 80 Cleric | Red Panda Club

AnimeAngel |Level 107 Super Xenian | Xenians

(YEA… I KNOW…)

Mangonista |Level 90 Rogue | GM- Bobalastic

Shini~Chan | Level 67 Archer | Mushashi

• I am saddened by this action. However, I do want to point out that yes Rage you did in fact privately send me a message just yesterday. I can assure you that things just don't happen overnight, nor should they. I want to reiterate Gantas above post about the skill changes that did occur a few months ago. It does provide QOL changes to certain skills of all classes in order to achieve a better stance of the skills being used. Could there always be room for improvement and tweaking? Absolutely! But again, it doesn't happen overnight.

For whatever reasons that you seem to believe that you single handedly became "The Silenced Forgotten" is very untrue. And I am sorry you feel that way. But what you don't see (and never will) is the fact that we have been discussing your message amongst ourselves as well as many other things we have seen you write (even if it is very lengthy).

I may be speaking for myself, but you and everyone else here do not go unnoticed...

wow.....did you not see the "many who quit"?....what an angry UNHELPFUL response.....I dont even play the class and know many have stated their displeasure as well as quit because they've been ignored.....

I, myself, have blundered on responses and came off harsh and uncaring...I didnt see it when I did it but now I see it and I apologize to anyone I responded too with that "who cares you don't matter" feeling...its not a good one.

Edited once, last by Dylanangel: Needed to add more....do better.... ().

• plz delete class.

SO my real question comes into play here, DOES any of the staff know anything about Class balancing? Or are you all just winging it and doing what you believe is just?

roflmao inquiring minds would love to know

• Sad to see a 17x char get deleted. I've never played the class in OG or here, so I can't really speak much on it's balance and definitely not on the nostalgia part.

But as someone who has deleted characters/gear/etc in games over the years for various reasons and usually (sometimes deeply) regretted it, hopefully this is not the case for you. Or maybe hopefully it is since that means they will have buffed SG? idk.

• Sad to see a 17x char get deleted. I've never played the class in OG or here, so I can't really speak much on it's balance and definitely not on the nostalgia part.

But as someone who has deleted characters/gear/etc in games over the years for various reasons and usually (sometimes deeply) regretted it, hopefully this is not the case for you. Or maybe hopefully it is since that means they will have buffed SG? idk.

Right...that was so sad to see....

• For what it's worth (I never played Templar in OG and get to enjoy it now) I appreciate all the effort, time and love you've put into improving the class. We're all sad to see you go.

7577-giftfortatsi-png
    Image by the lovely Setsuna ~ Avatar by the fantastic Shimi
    Tatsi Archerlord 198 | Veo Paladin 18x -Retired- | Tobire Shadow Master 16x | Veo+ Saint Guardian 14x | Saiti Archmage 14x

• For what it's worth (I never played Templar in OG and get to enjoy it now) I appreciate all the effort, time and love you've put into improving the class. We're all sad to see you go.

I have never played SG in OG SOS so this is a new experience to me.

Artwork by AlexYipYip

MY CONTACT INFO| DISCORD| BaoMage#7755 | FACEBOOK| My Facebook (I am on here more)

(YEA… I KNOW…)

• I know of 3 of the major ones who have walked away, now 4, I listened and paid attention to the ongoing "you're a good little mp pot" comments. It's sad and it's been an issue WAY longer than just yesterday and today. Speak to those who quit months ago....months.....yet nothing done. As a GM speaking to your community and being present is so needed. Get their feedback...players do pay for the server after all. Synex is doing great great things with our beloved game. It's amazing seeing it but words and influences from one or two casual players instead of collective players stops the voices of the game supporters....the players. This game has so much potential and a good leader at the helm, in the beginning....i feel the passion is gone and the robot took over.

• wow.....did you not see the "many who quit"?....what an angry UNHELPFUL response.....I dont even play the class and know many have stated their displeasure as well as quit because they've been ignored.....

Big difference between ignoring people vs not implementing the changes people ask for. Issues are definitely brought up and discussed privately, and as I posted earlier, we've made class changes over time.

yet nothing done.

I linked in my last post things that were done. I do wish some GMs were less forum shy and explained some of the decisions they made, especially changes from OG to rebirth, but I would imagine you would have some insight on that as you were a GM during closed beta I believe? I wasn't around then, so i'm completely unaware of the reasons for decisions made back then.

• decisions were made back then by a few instead of whole. I was more community opinion GM instead of just letting a few make huge decisions...I still would be. I was the on the side, big mouth fought for community GM, this meant a lot to me and I worked hard..i still would...i would be the voice of the players

• Big difference between ignoring people vs not implementing the changes people ask for. Issues are definitely brought up and discussed privately, and as I posted earlier, we've made class changes over time.

a lot of good those changes did....a level 175 player DELETED their hard worked on toon....hes a HUGE staple figure in your forums...hes helpful, he is strict in detail and if I may be so bold, you messed up not having him involved in some way....little bees behind the scenes should be scrambling and working on A SOLUTION with those who play that class and TRY to talk to those that left. Fix the relationship and get your players back. The few who are carrying this server won't be there forever

• a lot of good those changes did....a level 175 player DELETED their hard worked on toon....hes a HUGE staple figure in your forums...hes helpful, he is strict in detail and if I may be so bold, you messed up not having him involved in some way....little bees behind the scenes should be scrambling and working on A SOLUTION with those who play that class and TRY to talk to those that left. Fix the relationship and get your players back. The few who are carrying this server won't be there forever

Wow. All that hard work :( Feeling so sad for that lvl 175 player. Synex and the rest of the GMs need to do something or else the game will decrease in players and we don't want that. :/

Artwork by AlexYipYip

(YEA… I KNOW…)

• This make my heart hurt. Too see all that work thrown away, and not without reason. Dylan is right, Rage is a big voice in the community, speaking not only for the Templars but for all the people who aren't able to speak up themselves out of fear of reproach. There are A LOT of 170+ players that have quit/retired because their voices were ignored. We saw few QoL changes for certain classes while others continued to thrive on what we were told was a balanced system. I prefer to speak for the healer class as it is my main class, however once I reached the last class change I found myself not wanting to level my SG outside of dungeons quite simply because it wasn't an enjoyable class to play. It does not move quickly through AOEs, single-targeting is equally slow and buffs are abundant but require almost an entire other skill bar to rotate through in order to balance out attack speed and power when compared to other classes. So I ask the GMs and Synex - remedy the situation. Reach out to the players who have left and really hear them out, restore what can be restored to classes that have lost some of their autonomy, and do what can be done for the people who have invested so much time in this game.

(Signature by Setsuna)

Sammie13 - Paladin - 18x | Saturn64 - Archmage - 15x | Pluto64 - Saint Guardian - 16x | Planet64 - Warrior - 12x

• This make my heart hurt. Too see all that work thrown away, and not without reason. Dylan is right, Rage is a big voice in the community, speaking not only for the Templars but for all the people who aren't able to speak up themselves out of fear of reproach. There are A LOT of 170+ players that have quit/retired because their voices were ignored. We saw few QoL changes for certain classes while others continued to thrive on what we were told was a balanced system. I prefer to speak for the healer class as it is my main class, however once I reached the last class change I found myself not wanting to level my SG outside of dungeons quite simply because it wasn't an enjoyable class to play. It does not move quickly through AOEs, single-targeting is equally slow and buffs are abundant but require almost an entire other skill bar to rotate through in order to balance out attack speed and power when compared to other classes. So I ask the GMs and Synex - remedy the situation. Reach out to the players who have left and really hear them out, restore what can be restored to classes that have lost some of their autonomy, and do what can be done for the people who have invested so much time in this game.

My heart goes out to all players old and new. I’m one of the og and lately I’ve been seeing players disappearing not realizing that they quit. I have the urge to leave too. I see inspiration with not only the players but the GM and I’m holding on for hope.

• My heart goes out to all players old and new. I’m one of the og and lately I’ve been seeing players disappearing not realizing that they quit. I have the urge to leave too. I see inspiration with not only the players but the GM and I’m holding on for hope.

and this is exactly how the Secret of the Solstice was ruined, the last game was destroyed because, the players were ignored we made suggestions and they wouldn't make any changes they did reborn and everyone immediately quit, I see this game that we all loved going down by the day it's sad, because, we waited so long to see the return of the game that is like no other It's sad to see it go down hill i say give them back their caricature's and let them play the game like they know what works the best for their class because, we play for enjoyment some of the changes has been great others are not they need to listen to the people that plays the game