Player of the Month: Celten

• With his extensive knowledge of the game and his work in creating guides and lexicon articles, Celten has been selected as player of the month for June.

1. How do you feel about being selected as Player of the Month?

Definitely an honor to be selected, and being POTM in OG, this is also very nostalgic for me. I was trying to find my OG POTM responses, but I’m sure they were all cringey responses coming from a pre-teen me. So like Skittles, this is (hopefully) a redemption from that, LOL.

2. How did you discover Xen Rebirth?

I was reached out by an old friend from OG days about Xen Rebirth being developed (plus some updates via the Facebook group) and saw that a Closed Beta version was coming out soon. I ended up joining a few Discord servers, where I re-united with old friends and met and befriended some familiar names from back then.

3. How long have you played and how many hours do you play a week?

I played since Day 1 of Closed Beta. Definitely I used to play a good number of hours per week back in Closed Beta and early Open Beta, but nowadays, I’d say about 8 – 10 hours per week, mainly to lead the daily regular dungeons, grind a bit, and participate in events.

4. How did you find out about the original Secret of the Solstice?

Prior to playing OG, I played Neopets (which I just checked and found out that Neopets still exists to this day, lol—I’m sure my Neopets are still alive and starving after all these past years), and one of my friends back then introduced me to the game and I just became hooked into it. I think I joined OG in the early weeks of its official launch, back when Rudwork Path was the highest map that you could grind in.

5. What is your favorite food and why?

BUBBLE TEA. It soothes my soul and keeps me alive.

6. What made you choose your character's name?

I’ll talk about “Celten,” which is the main in-game name that I’ve been using. Firstly, it was my OG gaming name, so one reason for keeping it for Xen Rebirth was for the nostalgia. As for why I chose that particular name back in OG, definitely nothing special—it was a name that I heard back then and I decided to take it as my gaming name because I simply liked how the name sounds.

7. Why did you choose your class?

I ultimately chose the Mage class as my main class because I love the elementality behind its skills (and of course the DPS). I also find myself loving classes that support/assist, hence the Cleric and Mage classes are my top two favorite classes to play with.

8. What's your favorite map and why?

Anzers Plateau. During my first time running through that map, I was really mesmerized by the scenery and the waterfalls. It’s just really soothing to see. If there weren’t any mobs in that map, I would totally have it as my afk and social spot.

9. How would you like to see Xen Rebirth improve?

Out of many things that Xen Rebirth could improve, there are two areas that I would prioritize in improving:

Firstly, getting rid a lot of the RNG features and shifting towards earned methods of obtaining items and gears that are valuable to progression. As I’m sure I have emphasized around the forums, it’s an old business model that doesn’t work well for this iteration of the game (but did worked well back in OG as a business model to get people to spend money).

And secondly, I would love the dungeon culture to be changed where dungeons aren’t a central part of progression and leveling in the game. I really miss partying with friends and guildmates, and it doesn’t help when dungeons are efficient for leveling (plus a source of valuable rewards). Hope to see a shift away from this culture some day!

10. What is your favorite event and why?

GM Hide and Seek has been my favorite event so far. I enjoy the competitiveness of the event and trying to think through some of the challenging hints.

11. What is your favorite interaction with another player or GM?

In general, my favorite interactions have been the daily ones with my guildmates and friends through this game. They make me smile and laugh every single day, and I love them all so much.

As for GMs, none, because of the Hawg trauma y’all caused, LOL. But in seriousness, I have enjoyed the social interactions with GMs (especially back in Closed Beta) because of the humor.

12. Do you prefer to play solo or in a party and why?

Definitely I prefer to party—not because it’s more efficient as a Mage class to do so, but also because I enjoy the company of others. Even more fun when there’s shenanigans involved.

13. Which thing are you looking forward to the most about Xen Rebirth?

The Xenepic migration! I heard a lot about it and have seen gameplay videos of the OG version, so it’s an exciting next step for the game. I’m really looking forward to many of the features.

14. What is your favorite thing about Xen Rebirth?

THE HORSE HELM. I will not regret saying this year many years later if I look back to this. It’s a beautiful meme that I’ll have my character proudly wear around.

15. Any other comment you would like to share about your journey?

Firstly, a huge appreciation to Synex and the team for reviving this game back. Despite the areas for improvement, I respect the small yet mighty team for working behind the scenes to operate this game. The game continues to bring a lot of nostalgia, and I look forward to the continuing development of this game. Also got to thank the community for the continuous engagement and support.

Lastly, I really, really cannot thank enough to my friends—old and new—in my three main guilds: CnC, Itadakimasu!, and Kuki Kumas (and, of course, even the friends outside the guilds!). Again, you all give me a daily dose of smiles and laughs--whether through Discord chats, voice chats, in-game chats, or even yellow egg shouts. Hanging out with all of you really meant a lot even during some of the rough times during the pandemic. I’m very glad to have reunited or met you all of you through this game. Cheers to more great times together!

• Really wished I saved the screencap of me saying in guild chat like 5 days ago "I wonder who June's POTM is... I bet it's Celty."

AND HERE WE ARE.

Congrats, Celty!! ^^ Definitely well-deserved, you nerd. Thank you for taking me in to CnC since it's literally one of the main reasons I am still around to this day. We are still not taking a guild photo wearing Horse Helms though, thanks.

P.S. smh are you really forgetting that Ganta exposed your OG interview here: Player of the Month: Enn

4352-skits-animated-gif

━━ ☆ ━━

Chaos n Carnage ┊ Kuki Kumas ┊ Itadakimasu! ┊ Burns When I PvPee

Skittles<3 (18X Paladin) ┊ M&Ms<3 (18X Shadow Master) ┊ Monotone (16X Archer Lord)

• Nice another player of the month for you Celten both SOS and XB. Congrats!

Artwork by AlexYipYip

MY CONTACT INFO| DISCORD| BaoMage#7755 | FACEBOOK| My Facebook (I am on here more)

MagicalXGrl | Level 134 Archmage | GM- ~Vulpesus~

Natsumi | Level 79 Cleric | Red Panda Club

AnimeAngel |Level 103 Super Xenian | Xenians

Mangonista |Level 90 Rogue | GM- Bobalastic

Shini~Chan | Level 67 Archer | Mushashi

• HAHAHAHA, just as people were making speculations, I got the notice. Couldn't help but giggle for the past few days.

JFC, KEEP THOSE RESPONSES AWAY. LOL.

Amusing how simliar/different my responses compared to OG:

^ Can't believe that's still my favorite event LOL.

^ Damn, still prefer to party for same reasons.

Too much cringe still, though as expected of a pre-teen me. I'm sure I mostly redeemed myself

Matcha - ArchMage 19X ∞∞∞ Celten - Paladin 17X ∞∞∞ Ube - Saint Guardian 16X

BubbleTea - Archer Lord 16X ∞∞∞ Umbreon - Shadow Master 14X

Main Guild(s): Chaos n Carnage (GM), Itadakimasu!, Kuki Kumas

9021-junepotm2021-png

Credits to Setsuna for the Siggy and kaicean (Skittles) for Avatar <3

OG: Celten (Adeline) - Warrior 10X l Galatic (Marian) - Shadow Master 13X

CB: Celten - Paladin 13X l Matcha - ArchMage 13X

New to the game? Check out Vivi's Guide Index

4982-button-png

• Gratz!
    Honestly, I look up to Matcha as the premier example of Mage kind and hoping he hits level 200 archmage asap!

So will there be a hand out of horse helms this month?

Made by FRIES (Art) and Rokusan (BIO)

Sparkie12: Level 135 Archmage (Ace Mage)
    Popcorn12: Level 91 Cleric (Lizard/Factory Healer)
    Dex12: Level 62 Scout (Houdick Reset Dungeoneer)
    Chocobar12: Level 30 Xenian (Super to be)

• Gratz!
    Honestly, I look up to Matcha as the premier example of Mage kind and hoping he hits level 200 archmage asap!

So will there be a hand out of horse helms this month?

Aww, thank you! Now you gave me some motivation to get back to leveling soon again LOL

And YAS, as Mr. POTM, I demand Horse Helms to be showered upon the world of Xen so that no player is left behind with a Horse Helm. That shall be my Mr. POTM campaign.

9021-junepotm2021-png

4982-button-png

• Go Celt go! You're almost to 200. Maybe you might be able to get a special horse helmet for reaching 200.

Artwork by AlexYipYip

MY CONTACT INFO| DISCORD| BaoMage#7755 | FACEBOOK| My Facebook (I am on here more)

MagicalXGrl | Level 134 Archmage | GM- ~Vulpesus~

Natsumi | Level 79 Cleric | Red Panda Club

AnimeAngel |Level 103 Super Xenian | Xenians

Mangonista |Level 90 Rogue | GM- Bobalastic

Shini~Chan | Level 67 Archer | Mushashi

• Drafting my POTM campaign:

9021-junepotm2021-png

4982-button-png

• Congrats Celten! I always knew you were a big deal in the land of Xen! If you are able to get Horse Helms for everyone, could you please just leave me out? K, thanks... 😂🤣😁

8046-sig-autoscaled-jpg

Dowd -Archer Lord -Level 16x -Chaos n Carnage

Gentle -Mage -Level 9x -Kuki Kumas

Athanasius -Cleric -Level 7x -Lost Souls

~Dowd~ -Rogue -Level 7x -Fallen Souls

Satori -Xenian -Level 7x -Hawgwarts

• Gratz Celty! :):):)

And YAS, as Mr. POTM, I demand Horse Helms to be showered upon the world of Xen so that no player is left behind with a Horse Helm. That shall be my Mr. POTM campaign.

Careful with that campaign, might end up raining Hawgs instead o:

Adios!

• 11. What is your favorite interaction with another player or GM?

In general, my favorite interactions have been the daily ones with my guildmates and friends through this game. They make me smile and laugh every single day, and I love them all so much.

As for GMs, none, because of the Hawg trauma y’all caused, LOL. But in seriousness, I have enjoyed the social interactions with GMs (especially back in Closed Beta) because of the humor.

*giggles*

Congratulations!

Y'all ain't gonna cyberbully me or try to push on me
    Until I'm becoming some chick who I'm not

I'm a wolf, I dont lie with sheep;)

Burn the circus down 'cause the world is full of clowns
    They're all stupid and they're proud, making smiles on they mouths
    I don't hang with Bozos, homie, I can't be around you
    Anyone who knows me, knows my feet don't fit in clown shoes

• Congrats Celten!!

Now, it is I who shall be leeching your clout!!

CBT

Chill-N-Chat Guild

Peaen 11x Assassin | Paean 7x Mage | Mango 7x Archer

OBT

Chaos n Carnage Guild / Itadakimasu! / Naughty by Nature / Kuki Kumas

Peaen 16x Shadow Master | Mango 11x Ranger | Mangosteen 11x Wizard | Papaya 5x Tanking Apprentice

• And YAS, as Mr. POTM, I demand Horse Helms to be showered upon the world of Xen so that no player is left behind with a Horse Helm. That shall be my Mr. POTM campaign.

No...

Grats though...

And still... NO.

Grapefruit 16x Archer Lord  | Dragonfruit 15x Warlord | Illyria 16x Saint Guardian

| Volchok 15x Paladin  | Starfruit 6x Apprentice

• Congrats Celty !!!

(*≧∀≦)o٩(˃́ꇴ˂̀๑)۶

• Congratulations!!!

Vespertine - 4x Neo... someday Rogue :love:

Vesper - 1x Aco with low aspirations :D

Vespa - 1x Squire or something like that 8)

Vespertina - 1x ??? The great UNKNOWN:huh:

Vash - 13 Xenian ... Storage for now 8o