Too many Lucky Balls

• Okay do this with 1k+ and tell me how long it takes to open them all + recycle them 4 at a time when equipment slot gets full... it's very tedious, and Hope you dont accidentally recycle your perm equips too (done before with Pow Bell and bunny ears)

I did it with 600+ and it took me less than 3 minutes to open all of them. the recycling thing takes much more, and yet all the process shouldn't take more than 20 minutes.

you can always delete unwanted things from your inventory and you're not required to recycle all of the things. it's really up to you. the recycle lucky balls don't really give that much, and may not really be worth the time it takes you to recycle things (as you said - 1+ hour).

Uriel21 | Level 92 Rogue

SharMag | Level 12X Warrior

• just adding meridian r to obsidian tokens would be nice too, tbh. Last night I spent 10 tokens on 50 lucky balls only to get 3 meridian r.

luck to get the meridian r, luck to get a pearl, luck to get the base pearl I want, luck to enhance it, and luck to get the enhancement I want.

• Thinking about it more, what I think would make everyone happy and the easiest solution would be if we could instantly turn in all our lucky balls like we can with the challenge guru (maybe a list of all the lucky balls so we can turn them each in individually like the challenge items) and get lucky ball trading coupons in exchange. Like, 1 lucky ball = 5 coupons I guess. Then we can turn those in to purchase pots, jureahs, pendants, and meridian R for a rate similar to that of opening a lucky ball. So, like, if getting a meridian r bundle is a 10% chance (lets say the average bundle size, 4 meridian r), and 1 lucky ball = 5 coupons, then 4 meridian r should cost 50 coupons (I think that math makes sense). Doesn't need to be those exact numbers, especially since idk the actual odds, but you get the point.

• easiest solution would be if we could instantly turn in all our lucky balls like we can with the challenge guru (maybe a list of all the lucky balls so we can turn them each in individually like the challenge items) and get lucky ball trading coupons in exchange. Like, 1 lucky ball = 5 coupons I guess. Then we can turn those in to purchase pots, jureahs, pendants, and meridian R for a rate similar to that of opening a lucky ball.

That sounds similar to my previous LuckyTicket suggestion from May 13th 2021.

In short, all items within regular colored Luckyballs are put in a vendor. Regular colored Luckyballs are replaced with Luckyball Tickets keeping the drop rate luck the same. We already have a Lucky Token icon (the Recycle one), can use that, and no need to create a new one. Players can exchange LuckyTickets for exactly what they want (meridians/potions etc) and all in one go. No more opening sessions of thousands LBs recycling fashion. RNG is tackled. It's player-friendly for newer players needing that defense fashion (or can be made so). Inventory becomes less cluttered. Heck, you can even add an exclusive item in there for a ridiculous mountain of Tickets catering to the end-game grinding players. And in a sense, we also don't even need a new NPC we have the LB Recycle NPC for that.

I say Regular Luckyball items to be replaced specifically because it was voiced on the forums that some players do like the Luck part of it and don't want LBs to be removed completely. It also holds a sense of nostalgia. For that, we keep seasonal/event Luckyballs the same where what you get out of it is luck.

Reminds me of my niece where I make pancakes for her every month. She loves it. Making pancake every day, however... for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert? she will get sick of it quickly. It's too much of a good thing how players are flooded with Luckyballs to the point it doesn't give a kick anymore. It's a nuisance and it feels like a necessary nuisance to keep opening them, keep cleaning your inventory afterward, keep obtaining something based on chance.

• That sounds similar to my previous LuckyTicket suggestion from May 13th 2021.

In short, all items within regular colored Luckyballs are put in a vendor. Regular colored Luckyballs are replaced with Luckyball Tickets keeping the drop rate luck the same.

I kinda like my idea more because lucky ball drops are still fun for new players and fun for everyone when the new lucky balls drop (like the GM lucky balls or the seasonal LBs change). idk, a bunch of coupons dropping just seems somewhat boring compared to a bunch of colorful capsules.

• Generally, I like OP's idea.

NOTE: only read a few comments, so ignore if what I said was already posted.

I think we should remove lucky balls in lvl ~90+ maps and replace them with meridian R drops, since meridian R is the only thing lvl 90+ people really want out of lucky balls anyways.

Please let's not remove LB'z at any point.

Trading LB'z for tickets to exchange for a saught after item sounds like a good idea.

1. doesn't remove items (LB'z) from the game

2. keeps rng for those who like to gamble

3. aids in those with horrid luck (like me) to trade for what they want/need

• Please let's not remove LB'z at any point.

yea, I underestimated how much high levels like them lol

I definitely like my new idea more too after thinking about it. Only downside really is it still will clutter up your inventory, but I think the client update will make that not as big of an issue since we will have a better inventory??

• as long as the drop rates arent changed, you guys can do whatever you want with them. After a long sabbatical I'm in desperate need of meridian R's so if we could trade them in for those I'd love that but I also know there are some out there that have to many after getting everything they wanted.

• yea, I underestimated how much high levels like them lol

I definitely like my new idea more too after thinking about it. Only downside really is it still will clutter up your inventory, but I think the client update will make that not as big of an issue since we will have a better inventory??

Another option that would be easier to implement is removing the 6% pendent and replace its % chance with another set of meri R. I don't think anyone would ever like to use 6% when 7% pendants are around and their rates are similar. I have like 200 7% pendents lying around.

I think adding an option to trade in would be ideal, but would be a much longer lead-time to finish.

Another option is remove all the emotes from green luckyballs and replace them with all meridian Rs with chance of 1-5 meridian Rs per ball. Simply give the emotes to the emote NPC to be bought. I am not sure with everyone else, but green lucky balls are the most unappealing to me.

Edited 3 times, last by BOUNCY ().

• Another option that would be easier to implement is removing the 6% pendent and replace its % chance with another set of meri R. I don't think anyone would ever like to use 6% when 7% pendants are around and their rates are similar. I have like 200 7% pendents lying around.

yea.. I've questioned why 6% pendants are even around too. idk who goes through so many pendants.