BLANK SLATE OBSI AND PLATINUM MOUNTS

• Not so sure if this was opened before but...

Had a chat with a friend how we see everyone almost on ifrix and white tiger mounts while other mounts are being kept in storage or just arent bought not because they are ugly but because their stats are not that important. most players who look for def/pow (def mostly for aoe/aoers and pow for dgns.. cause we are dominated by pow build chars) ..

so why not..

1. buy a mount with no base stat

2. you are free to choose from the current set of base stat options (plat stat for plat mounts and obsi stat for obsi mounts)

3. enhance as you please.

this way we can enjoy the looks as well as the stats of our mounts

• Had a chat with a friend how we see everyone almost on ifrix and white tiger mounts while other mounts are being kept in storage or just arent bought not because they are ugly but because their stats are not that important. most players who look for def/pow (def mostly for aoe/aoers and pow for dgns.. cause we are dominated by pow build chars) ..

In regard to choosing the base stat when purchasing the mount, I feel that would be a nice addition because it would allow the players to have more freedom of choice in their options on what mount they want and what particular stat setup they are aiming for. As it stands currently there is limited choice in what is best to use because of the fixed stat layouts which has led people to focus mostly on white tigers and ifrix's. This is why getting access to some of the new mounts during the testing phase of xenepic was one of my main focuses to see if we had any new options added. However, we were told that those stats were only temporary and would be changed later.

vio2k5 - Level 13* Holy Avenger

Redemption - Level 12* Priest

Rugal - Level 10* Assassin

Benimaru - Level 9* Archer

• In regard to choosing the base stat when purchasing the mount, I feel that would be a nice addition because it would allow the players to have more freedom of choice in their options on what mount they want and what particular stat setup they are aiming for. As it stands currently there is limited choice in what is best to use because of the fixed stat layouts which has led people to focus mostly on white tigers and ifrix's.

i would really like to use other mounts but yea.. the fixed stats limits me of what to purchase...

• It would be cool if it could be incorporated into the reroll function. Instead of rerolling to def, pow, etc you could pick a different set of base stats. (For a cheaper price than rerolling, maybe 1 seal and kron/xens) Would prolong the value of wisps and be a nice luxury option, to have the exact stats you want on any mount.

Edit: Also it would be even cooler if the stats were able to be switched regardless of mount type. For example rerolling a husky to have +3 movespeed instead of 2, and +15 AGI and 5 dodge. Plat mounts are so inferior to obsidian due to the movespeed alone, I'd like to be able to pay a premium to convert them into better mounts.

7629-spoiler-sorusiggy-png

Edited once, last by eru ().

• Official Post

It would be cool if it could be incorporated into the reroll function. Instead of rerolling to def, pow, etc you could pick a different set of base stats. (For a cheaper price than rerolling, maybe 1 seal and kron/xens) Would prolong the value of wisps and be a nice luxury option, to have the exact stats you want on any mount.

Edit: Also it would be even cooler if the stats were able to be switched regardless of mount type. For example rerolling a husky to have +3 movespeed instead of 2, and +15 AGI and 5 dodge. Plat mounts are so inferior to obsidian due to the movespeed alone, I'd like to be able to pay a premium to convert them into better mounts.

Each different stat would require a new item to be made. Its possible, but thats a lot of work. For example, there are 16 different pandas, so if you want a panda with +10 INT instead of +10 pow, we'd have to copy/paste the 16 pandas and edit each new one to give it INT. Now imagine doing that with all the mounts with all the different stat combination. I don't think it would be hard, but it would take a lot of time. Unifying the stats, or just changing some of the mounts to have more useful stats (like giving Fawn and ifixion INT since AGI is borderline useless for magic classes.) would probably be less work.

• Each different stat would require a new item to be made. Its possible, but thats a lot of work. For example, there are 16 different pandas, so if you want a panda with +10 INT instead of +10 pow, we'd have to copy/paste the 16 pandas and edit each new one to give it INT. Now imagine doing that with all the mounts with all the different stat combination. I don't think it would be hard, but it would take a lot of time. Unifying the stats, or just changing some of the mounts to have more useful stats (like giving Fawn and ifixion INT since AGI is borderline useless for magic classes.) would probably be less work.

In that case, maybe just have the option to upgrade instead of reroll? You could make a very expensive option like 4 or 5 seals+ or something in order to upgrade any plat/obsidian mount to have +3 movespeed and all of the basic stats (men/pow/agi/int) at +10 or even 15. This option would only be available for lvl 3 mounts and is only one combination which would cut down a lot of the copy/paste necessary.

• Each different stat would require a new item to be made. Its possible, but thats a lot of work. For example, there are 16 different pandas, so if you want a panda with +10 INT instead of +10 pow, we'd have to copy/paste the 16 pandas and edit each new one to give it INT. Now imagine doing that with all the mounts with all the different stat combination. I don't think it would be hard, but it would take a lot of time. Unifying the stats, or just changing some of the mounts to have more useful stats (like giving Fawn and ifixion INT since AGI is borderline useless for magic classes.) would probably be less work.

ooooooooooo.... indeed gonna be hard work ... and with all the mounts already out there...

question tho, is the mechanics for skill pet different?

• Well not only with Obsi and Platinum, it would be nice to see PoyoMount or other mounts like Felix be used actually in higher level parties as well.

I was so eager to get PoyoMount when they were firslty implemented, but now they are abandoned and not used any more, which is sad.

Perhaps something could be done with it. That is, for example, by paying some krons/items, PoyoMount could gain the same kind of stats and enhancement schemes just like white tiger and ifrix.

Not only would people once again enjoy the cute mounts, but also it gives them another exciting motive to earn more by farming, trading, etc.