Posts by Pikey

Nothing else needs to be made passive. It’s true cause I said it.

It’s also true, because if you look in your hearts, you know that out of all the classes you’ve played, except for saint guardian, you never said, I wanna quit this fuckass class with all these stupid buffs I need to stay alive!

Also, the person who is completely made up and is in no way confirmed to have been in this situation only cares if a certain handful of people would suddenly refuse to do dungeons with them, the rest can kick rocks if they wanna be not nice.

Well, the hypothetical person in this story figured the person who gathered everything and assumedly died leaving the mobs then died trying to take the mob while said alternate reality hypothetical video game character was mopping the mess up gained the exp from the kill. So we can guess that the mob was left alone king enough that the original hitter of the mobs lost that whatever it would be called. Ability to first rights of exp and loot?

The hero of the story could have just went to another channel for sure and been cool, but the character I made up for this scenario is a rebellious one who absolutely hates being told what, when, and how to do things. If the previous aoe person had just said something along the lines of “hey fella, I gathered this map and fucked up and died by accident cause I forgot a buff and died. I plan on going back and killing it, I worked hard, could you leave it go to another channel” he would have. But the character as written just bristles up like a wet brush when told they can’t be somewhere cause it’s taken so they’re inner spite regrettably emerged.

Here is a scenario:

You go to your usually AOE map. You see some character in the SZ seemingly hanging out. You check !channel info and see there’s two players. You and the sz person. You think to yourself hey, they’re taking a break maybe so I don’t have to change channels!!! So as you go along you realize Jesus no mobs. Someone died here gathering them all up! Maybe the sz person is a healer waiting on the tank that died. About halfway through the map the sz person whispers in to your ear “this map is taken. Be careful near the far safe zone” you ignore this shit because as we all know, there is no such thing as a “taken map” only rule is do not kill steal.

You become increasingly curious. Three quarters of the way still no mobs. Then there it is. The entire map sitting around the corner from the SZ. So, you go start killing it. Nobodies around, god knows how king it’s sitting there.

Part of the way through the killing you hear the tell take sound of whatever the hell a saint guardians aoe skill is called, dead something, and part of the mob your killing breaks off. You move down back into the map to see what’s up and there lies a dead version of the character who earlier said the map is theirs. They are saying “what the heck!!?” You further ignore the situation for sweet, sweet exp at a rate of cold molasses sliding down a wall and continue killing. They revive and help you kill it. Then you are informed “I just screen shot this for a report”

You remain calm, thank them for helping you kill the mob then leave for channel 5. Oh, and in case they read this, drop off the wisp ticket you found in the loot at the hotel storage. end.

So the question is: as far as I know, nobody owns a map and the rule don’t kill steal. so, if you come upon a mob left behind by a dead someone and they aren’t killing it, can you kill it guilt free? Is it wrong? Can you get in trouble for it? Will they screen shot just the part where they ran into it and started an aoe and claim the hypothetical friend who told me about this story that didn’t happen(just in case) stole their kill or tried to? Can You gather maps and if you get tired or die go invisible go take a nap for awhile and reasonably assume the mobs will still be there because you got dibs?

I did not donate but I do get special treatment from damn near everyone, game masters, other players, synex, yo momma, the black smith, the alchemist, jureah, if you know what I mean, it’s amazing.

#blessed

I also remember every class had a recipe for an animated weapon you could obtain materials for through gathering. The only one that was creatable was the Sm weapon. I don’t remember what it was called or exactly what it looked like but the guild I was in all pitched in and made the only one made before that was shut down. It glowed red and had like some kind of shadow black balls rotating around it. It was cool.

Oh, and I glossed over a part of synex original answer, I would be totally cool with like maybe getting two slot if the max is three with ability to add another or whatever to get to max. That seems cool too. It’s not a total gimmee, and allows you to work for the max if you got it in ya.

I’d be cool with that, not that anything has to be cool with me, hahaha

You’re right! Who’s to say defense gems will even be included as in the version we currently play and will play an added 4 at the least possibly, defense(can’t remember max slots allowed in every gear nor how much defense one gem can give at most, not if we were even allowed to slot in more than one of the same type which could actually be a way to curb it a bit if not.) per gear would lead to every class ending up completely out of whack concerning abilities. Especially if you could do this for any level gear. Imagine the speed of leveling then. So maybe defense gems wouldn’t even be included.

However attack ones would suck to miss out on and maybe only be the equivalent of a pair of attack wings. So maybe the better route would be not including defense gems coupled with ability to. Add slots. Idk.

However defense on newer maps, if there’s more to release. might be higher and, I don’t remember if there were defense gems or what all gems there were, but if no slots, no opportunity to tweak gears to survive better. Or rather, may end up, overall at a disadvantage. Admittedly, due to a reticence to jettisoning something that was worked at hard as hell.

Absolutely, the move to the new game was brutal. It was basically “we don’t care what you had or how long and painful it was to get it” fuck you, play or don’t play we don’t care.

So you’re obviously 100% better and more understanding than they were for sure. The fact you even answer these questions puts it at 1000%, so thanks for taking the time.

Again, imma play the migrated version regardless of what you decide but if opinions are to be solicited I wouldn’t mind some In game way to add slots to whatever gear. I suppose I don’t have any ideas how, but I just mash buttons and say stuff to people in these things so who knows? I’m guessing it couldn’t be easy to add a slot, but well, it’d probably be worth it to add them whatever way when the gears like one in a million as it is.

I admit I’d be pretty disappointed to work ass off to get them where I gottem and then migrate and have them end up possibly weaker than a +5 and have nothing to do about that besides start over and pray to have that improbable luck a second time.

Anyway, looking forward to the change whatever you do!

I have a question I saw that maybe wasn’t asked yet, if it was I apologize.

If I read correctly, everything will carry over with no data loss so I assume that mean our characters as is with all items and stuff intact.

I am 100% for the switch, first off.

Now the question: 1 of the few things I liked with reborn was the gear upgrades. The ability to put gems into slots that further enhanced your gears.

I don’t fully remember how they worked but for those that did not play the reborn version not only did AP gear drop but gears with slots dropped that allowed you to insert gems that gave you stats. I don’t remember how we got the gems or what stats were available beyond attack gems or whatever they were called. So, the amount of slots you had on a gear was tiered by color. I don’t remember the colors but I think it was red, blue, purple and gold. 1-4 slots with gold being the color that gave four slots.

This meant you could have a 6ap gold beast dagger. Which meant you got the beast dagger with the highest natural attack with the ability to insert four gems into the gear of whatever stat the gems came in, attack for example. There was some rng aspect to successfully inserting the gem. Possibly making them too. Not sure. You could also enhance the over all gear as we do now to +2 +5 whatever. So you could theoretically have a 6ap+5 gold gear with four attack gems. Something like that.

You could also find a 6ap red gear with just one slot. Or a 2ap purple with 3 slots. Whatever drops in whatever combo. Shit like that. Again, I may be wrong on colors, and or slot numbers but that’s the gist of it, and it’s cool.

Question is: say I have a gear set I spent a LOT of xens, time, and kron on, like end game gears that you’d almost think you’d never have the luck or anyone have the luck to make even with a lot of resources having no idea of this migration and now your migrated with your super awesome bankruptcy level to make but now effectively obsolete gears.

What will be done, if anything, for that? Will it be, well you can use those migrated gears and attempt to farm better slotted gears in the meantime and attempt to gather another thousand xens and pray you get just as lucky another 6 times?

Will we be presented with the, admittedly pie in the sky wishing, opportunity to have those gears transferred with max slots?

Will there be some probably painful way to add slots to gears?

Or maybe this is just something not yet explored for a solution?

Anyway, like I said, I am 100 percent for the migration, my only concern is it’s suck to have to try to get as lucky as I was all over again on top of gathering all the crap that facilitated that.

But if it’s something that’s just, it is what it is, that’s cool. I’ll still play and enjoy it.

I was told everyone would have a bear head on. Also, I stopped just in time, so I get credit for that? I realized what stupidity I was doing right before the last shot.